[Ppnews] Palestine - Free Samer Issawi: Statement and Call to Action

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sat Jan 19 19:28:22 EST 2013

Statement and Call to Action
*Al-Awda, The Palestine Right To Return Coalition and
The Free Samer Issawi Campaign
*
For Immediate Release

*FREE SAMER ISSAWI
*
Al-Awda, The Palestine Right To Return Coalition and the Free Samer Issawi
Campaign calls on all people of conscience across the globe to stand with
Palestinian political prisoner and hunger striker Samer Issawi in his fight
for freedom and justice. He has been on *hunger strike for* *over 178
days* now
protesting the injustice of his detention and that of all the other
Palestinian political prisoners!

Like other Palestinian political prisoners Samer Issawi's indefinite
detention without charges or trial is inhumane and an Israeli facade to
continue to persecute the Palestinian people and those who dare to stand
against Israel's brutal occupation of Palestine and its crimes against the
Palestinian people!

The world cannot and must not continue to let the Zionist state get away
with these barbaric injustices against Palestinian political prisoners and
the Palestinian people at large. We demand the release of Samer Issawi from
prison immediately. He is currently dying before us and before the eyes of
the world!

*CALL TO ACTION

*We call on all justice seeking people around the world to stand with Samer
Issawi. His life is literally on the line while the mass media is neglecting
his freedom call. We are calling on people all over to plan to drop banners
at all public locations this Monday January 21, 2013, which happens to be
Dr. Martin Luther King Day, and on subsequent days until his release! We
call on protests to be organized everywhere. We need to save Samer's life
and bring his human struggle to the mainstream above the media blackout!

"My detention is unjust and illegal, just like the Palestinian occupation.
My demands are legitimate and just thus I will not withdraw from the battle
for freedom, waiting for either victory and freedom-or martyrdom."

Samer always sends his gratitude for those supporting him around the world!
*Al-Awda, The Palestine Right to Return Coalition
*PO Box 131352
Carlsbad, CA 92013, USA
Tel: 760-918-9441
Fax: 760-918-9442
E-mail: info at al-awda.org <mailto:info at al-awda.org>
WWW: http://al-awda.org
Twitter: @alawdaprrc
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/AlAwdaPRRC
<https://www.facebook.com/#%21/AlAwdaPRRC>
Facebook Cause:
http://www.causes.com/causes/1752-palestinian-refugees-right-to-return-al-awda
*The Free Samer Issawi Campaign on Facebook*:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Free-Samer-Issawi-Campaign/194111744067340