[Ppnews] All Charges Dropped Against Alex Sanchez

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Jan 17 12:21:45 EST 2013

Title Bar 2

- All Charges dropped against Alex Sanchez

On behalf of my family, community and close friends I extend the
gratitude to all the people who have stood next to me and believed from
the beginning that this case was a distraction from the work that has
been the focus of Homies Unidos
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Ftty1Re_ql6GdRbJvL0798CJ-wCzFxZAdCS7WXgDuQ0St7TNxLVWiU-5ixwssQoQio_y50dgHCIKk9QtsetyNg33_aXwgc-_uxemUu1L-CAcaTovowrb8Q==>.
I want to thank the We Are Alex campaign who created chapters in San
Francisco New York, Los Angeles and the DC area, with out you speaking
out and outraged by my arrest I would not have been able to have fought
my case while on bail. Special thanks to all that trusted in me enough
to put their homes and sureties that totaled the $2,000,000 bail. And to
all that send  letters of support and wrote to me while I was in prison
for those seven months. I will treasure those moments eternally.

We have not stopped the work, which is greatly needed in our community,
but our funding has suffered since my indictment. We expect that we will
get more support for the programs which have been reduced significantly
since the dismissal of the indictment.

I will look back at this day and will be forever grateful of all who
stood firmly next to me in this extremely difficult time and provided
support to my family when they most needed it. I have taken my work
seriously and with integrity and will continue to do so in the years ahead.

Judge Dale Fischer dismissed all charges without prejudice which gives
the government until late March to refill charges. We expect the
Government to do the right thing and not refill as they did on December
18 by recommending the dismissal of all charges after reviewing what the
initial prosecutors had done to get the indictment.

We will rebuild Homies Unidos
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001Ftty1Re_ql6GdRbJvL0798CJ-wCzFxZAdCS7WXgDuQ0St7TNxLVWiU-5ixwssQoQio_y50dgHCIKk9QtsetyNg33_aXwgc-_uxemUu1L-CAcaTovowrb8Q==>!!!!!!!

Alex Sanchez