[Ppnews] Message from Samer el Issawi, day 209 hunger strike

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Feb 18 10:29:30 EST 2013

*Message from Samer el Issawi, day 209 hunger strike
*

*http://occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/palhunger-the-letter-of-samer-issawi-english-translation/
*

*Via Rona Merrill, Neta Golan *
<https://www.facebook.com/susan.abulhawa/posts/10151471733102254>

Message from Samer Al Issawi, below, also his brother just got arrested
at their home (and here's hoping it's not because of worse news):

* MESSAGE FROM SAMER AL-ISSAWI -- 16.02.13 -- 'I turn with admiration to
the masses of our heroic Palestinian people, to our Palestinian
leadership, to all forces, parties and national institutions. I salute
them for standing by our fight to defend our right to freedom and dignity.*

* I draw my strength from my people, from all the free people in the
world, from friends and the families of the prisoners who continue day
and night chanting for freedom and an end to the occupation.*

* My health has deteriorated dramatically and I'm hung between life and
death. My weak body is collapsing but still able to be patient and
continue the confrontation. My message is that I will continue until the
end, until the last drop of water in my body, until martyrdom. Martyrdom
is an honor for me in this battle. My martyrdom is my remaining bomb in
the confrontation with the tyrants and the jailers, in the face of the
racist policy of the occupation that humiliates our people and exercises
against us all means of oppression and repression.*

* I say to my people: I'm stronger than the occupation army and its
racist laws. I, Samer al-Issawi, son of Jerusalem, send you my last will
that, in case I fell as a martyr, you will carry my soul as a cry for
all the prisoners, man and women, cry for freedom, emancipation and
salvation from the nightmare of prisons and their harsh darkness.*

* My battle is not only for individual freedom. The battle waged by me
and by my heroic colleagues, Tariq, Ayman and Ja'affar, is everyone's
battle, the battle of the Palestinian people against the occupation and
its prisons. Our goal is to be free and sovereign in our liberated state
and in our blessed Jerusalem.*

* The weak and strained beats of my heart derive their steadfastness
from you, the great people. My eyes, which started to lose their sight,
draws light from your solidarity and your support of me. My weak voice
takes its strength from your voice that is louder than the warden's
voice and higher than the walls.*

* I'm one of your sons, among thousands of your sons who are prisoners,
still languishing steadfasting in the prisons, waiting for an end to be
brought to their plight, their pains and the suffering of their families.*

* The doctors told me I became exposed to stroke because of the disorder
of my heartbeats, the shortage of sugar and the drop in blood pressure.
My body is full of cold and I can't sleep because of the continued pain.
But despite the extreme fatigue and chronic headaches, as I move on my
chair, I'm trying to summon all my resources to continue on the road
till its end. There is no going back, only in my victory, because I'm
the owner of Right and my detention is invalid and illegal.*

* Do not be afraid for my heart if it will stop, don't be afraid for my
hands if they will be paralyzed. I am still alive now and tomorrow and
after death, because Jerusalem is moving in my blood, in my devotion and
my faith.*

* Palestine 16/02/2013*