[Ppnews] Lynne Stewart update

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Feb 6 10:39:48 EST 2013

      Latest from Lynne -- Feb 3rd, 2013
      <http://lynnestewart.org/2013/02/05/latest-from-lynne-feb-3rd-2013/>

http://lynnestewart.org/2013/02/05/latest-from-lynne-feb-3rd-2013/#more-459

February 5th, 2013

2/3/13; 9:00 am

Family, Friends, Comrades, Supporters All,

I have been reminded of the need to update my message now that the
Cancer is confirmed and we are about to start treatment.  This is
definitely Bad news but somehow in the toxic climate in which prisons in
particular, but the whole country operates, I am determined that it can
be beaten.

Factually, when I went (finally) for the hysterectomy in June of last
year, a routine chest X ray showed a spot on my lung.  Further Pet
scans, sonograms, biopsies revealed (as of September) that there was my
old Breast cancer back in my lymph node (armpit) and lung.  In January
another Pet scan revealed that both lungs are involved as is my scapula
(maybe).  So now we are working on a treatment.  I am fond of and have
faith in my doctor--a young woman Oncologist.  Other medicos have
concurred in that opinion. The treatment (Chemo, pills, shots not
necessarily in that order) will be given to me in Fort Worth at a
hospital called The Center, part of one of the big places here. There
are Problems :

1. It Ain't New York City with Sloan Kettering or New York Hospital
where I was originally treated.  Cutting Edge Places --excuse the pun !
2.  All things in Prison move VERY slowly, as you can see by the history
here.  it's now February and I have had two sets of shots, estrogen related.
3. I am still transported and held in leg irons, belly chain and cuffs
for each of these trips.  The guards are not unkind but of course,
follow orders.It is most difficult to say the least.

Let me assure you all, though, that I am feeling good and have a high
level of energy.  This may change but so far so good.  I do need a nap
every afternoon but my doddering old age may have something to do with
that !

We Might Have to Call on All you Folks if we decide to take action to
Try and force the Bureau of Prisons/Department of Justice to ameliorate
conditions etc.  Stay tuned to the website.  Ralph and our daughter,
Dr.Zenobia Brown did an excellent program on WBAI( Sally O'Brien's
show)  and Dr. Z as we call her also went on with Bob Lederer.  These
are archived.  My good friends and comrades, Mya Schon and Ralph
Schoenman, along with Ralph also did a great show on Taking Aim, a web
broadcast that has been distributed widely on the net.  I am hoping that
my electronic geniuses can hook those up to this site. From the heart
--all of this work and running both ways--them to me and me to them !!

Meanwhile, it is dreary in Texas.  I will soon be sharing with you our
petition for Cert to the Supremes and the outlook there--also dreary !!

I urge all of you to carry on our work politically.  Now More than Ever,
all able bodied and those less so, need to be out there harassing the
enemy and organizing the People, Yes!

Love Struggle,
Lynne