[Ppnews] Tarek Mehanna's Sentencing - One month away

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Mar 12 10:28:10 EDT 2012

With Tarek Mehanna's sentencing hearing scheduled for a month from
today, we urge you to do what you can to support! We deeply
appreciate all of the support from countless people all over the
world, but the fight is not over! We still need your participation.
There are currently 3 main things we are calling on you to participate in:
    * Attend the Sentencing Hearing on April 12th, 2012.
    * Write the Judge a Character Letter about Tarek.
    * Write US Attorney Carmen Ortiz a letter to recommend a short
prison sentence for Tarek.
For 2 & 3 Please visit
<http://www.freetarek.com/help-tarek-now-write-letters/>http://www.freetarek.com/help-tarek-now-write-letters/
for instructions on how to write these important letters

April 12th - Tarek Mehanna's Sentencing Hearing

On Thursday, April 12, 2012 at 2pm, Tarek Mehanna will be sentenced
at Moakley Courthouse in Boston. His supporters have time and again
packed the courthouse to show that they stand with him, and he has
requested that we do it again! It will be the last time for a long
while that Tarek will get a chance to see all of us, and for us to see him.

**Be there at 1:00---seats will fill up fast! For closing arguments,
which started at 9am, there were no seats left in the main courtroom
by 8:25am**

This day is especially important because Tarek will be giving a
statement at the hearing! This will be the only time Tarek has given
a public statement, his story, his beliefs in his own words, in the
courtroom. We hope that you will be able to be present for this
undoubtedly powerful testimony!

Tarek is facing a life sentence. This hearing will be our final
chance to show the judge how much support Tarek has from the broader
community. We must demand that the judge gives him a low sentence.
(Also, writing your letters to the judge and US Attorney is key.
Please visit
<http://www.freetarek.com/help-tarek-now-write-letters/>http://www.freetarek.com/help-tarek-now-write-letters/
for detailed instructions on writing these important letters.)

Following this hearing, Tarek will be moved to a federal prison
outside of Massachusestts. It is overwhelmingly likely that he will
be transferred to either the ADX Supermax Prison in Florence,
Colorado or one of the two Control Management Units (CMUs) in the
Midwest. Please note, it is highly likely that his ability to
communicate with the world will be even more restricted at whichever
federal prison he is transferred to, than it has been at Plymouth.

Thank you for your continued support,
The Tarek Mehanna Support Committee
<http://www.freetarek.com/>WWW.FreeTarek.Com