[Ppnews] Northwest Grand Jury - Call-out for Solidarity Demo August 2nd

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Jul 31 19:14:35 EDT 2012

http://pugetsoundanarchists.org/node/1900

REGIONAL CALL-OUT FOR SOLIDARITY DEMO AUG. 2 AT THE FEDERAL COURTHOUSE!
SOLIDARITY WITH SUBPOENAED COMRADES! RESIST GRAND JURIES!

This is a regional call-out for a solidarity demo at the Seattle federal
courthouse, 700 Stuart St., starting at 7:30am and going throughout the
day, to show support for the comrades being stripped of any semblance of
rights in what is known as a grand jury. Comrades from the cities
targeted and beyond should make the trip to Seattle so we can show the
state how we feel about grand juries. We need as many people to come out
as we can, to not only show the people facing the grand jury that we
support them in their struggle against state oppression but to show the
state that we will always resist their attempts at co-optation and
destruction of our movements of social revolution.

As reported in 'Green is the new red':

"...there have been multiple homes raided and grand jury subpoenas
issued in Portland, Olympia, and Seattle.

Three homes were raided in Portland, by approximately 60-80 police
including FBI and Joint Terrorism Task Force. Individuals at the homes
say police used flash grenades during the raid.

Grand jury subpoenas have been served to individuals in all three
cities: 2 in Olympia, 1 in Seattle, and 2 in Portland. The grand jury is
scheduled to convene on August 2nd at the federal courthouse in Seattle.

No arrests have been made. Electronics were confiscated along with
additional personal items.

All legal documents related to the searches and grand jury are sealed,
and the FBI will only say it is related to an "ongoing violent crime"
investigation. But based on interviews with residents, and what police
told them at the scene, this is clearly related to the ongoing
demonization of anarchists and the Occupy movement."

These oppressive tools of the state are meant to crush social movements
and the comrades who are a part of them. We must always resist them and
show them that their weapons will never succeed at coercing our
submission or acceptance of their rule. On Aug. 2, we must show the
ruling class that their grand juries will never succeed at breaking our
movements for social revolution and that our friends and comrades will
never stand alone before them in our collective struggle against capital
and the state. Come to the federal courthouse on Aug. 2 at 7:30am to
show support and solidarity to our subpoenaed comrades and to show the
state that they will never succeed in stomping out resistance to their rule.

Let's shut down this grand jury and make sure that, at least for a short
time, there will be no business as usual!

To our comrades, we will always stand in solidarity with you as you face
the oppression of the state!

To our ruling class enemies, you can never stop our resistance, no
matter how many of us you hurt, kill, or cage, because wherever
injustice exists there will always be good people who cannot close their
eyes and do nothing.

AGAINST GRAND JURIES AND ALL THOSE IN POWER WHO WOULD WIELD THEM AS A WEAPON!

AGAINST THE OPPRESSION OF CAPITAL AND STATE!

SOLIDARITY AND SUPPORT FOR THE SUBPOENAED COMRADES, AND ALL THOSE WHO
ARE CAUGHT IN THE CLUTCHES OF THE STATE!

FOR FREEDOM, EQUALITY, AND ANARCHY!

863-9977 www.freedomarchives.org