[Ppnews] Cuban 5 VISA Letter Writing Campaign

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Jul 12 16:36:16 EDT 2012

*The Popular Education Project to Free the Cuban 5*
*www.freethecuban5.com* <http://www.freethecuban5.com>
*freethecuban5 at gmail.com* <mailto:freethecuban5 at gmail.com>
*Free the Cuban 5 Hotline:718-601-4751 <tel:718-601-4751>*

Due to the U.S. government’s denial to approve visas, Gerardo Hernandez
Nordelo has not seen his wife for 13 years.  Rene Gonzalez, who is
currently on parole in Florida, was not able to see his wife until this
year's visit to Cuba, when his brother Roberto Gonzalez passed away.
For the 13 years he was incarcerated she was never allowed to visit and
still cannot see him in the U.S. while on parole!

Others in the Cuban 5 have not seen their parents, wives and children
with regularity. The U.S. government has taken prolonged periods of time
to issue them visas.

The U.S. government’s denial of visitation rights is a cruel and
horrible form of psychological torture. Their rationale for denial is
ridiculous and baseless; none of these family members are a threat to
national security.

We are asking people to fax or mail out this letter to Ms. Navanetham
Pillay, The NEW High Commissioner of Human Rights of the Office for
Human Rights-United Nations Office at Geneva. We are asking her to
intercede on behalf of the Cuban 5’s mothers/wives to pressure the U.S.
government to grant them VISAs to visit their husbands/sons!!

*Together our letters can make a difference!  Send one out and forward
this message to all your friends, contacts, and family! *

*Help reunite these families!  Send your letter out today!*

*Sign it and mail or fax to:*

*Ms. Navanetham Pillay, High Commissioner of Human Rights*

*Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights-United Nations Office
at Geneva *

*8-14 Avenue de la Paix 1211 *

*Geneva 10, Switzerland *

*Fax: + 41 22 917 9011 <tel:%2B%2041%2022%20917%209011>*