[Ppnews] New interview with David Gilbert: Arab Spring, Occupy Wall Street, and mass incarceration

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Dec 20 11:22:37 EST 2012

Dear friends,

Please check out this just-published interview with David Gilbert about
today's social movements. (As I'm sure you all know, David is a former
member of SDS and the Weather Underground who has spent more than 30
years as a political prisoner.) I did the interview over many months
through the mail last spring, and after several revisions and the
glacial pace of academic publishing, it is now out. I am thrilled!

The interview appears in The Sixties: A Journal of History, Politics,
and Culture. The Sixties is an academic journal, but they are so excited
about the interview that they are making it available for free. Please
post, share on Facebook and elsewhere, forward, assign in classes, read
in study groups, etc.

"Arab Spring, Occupy Wall Street, and mass incarceration: An interview
on contemporary social movements with David Gilbert"
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/17541328.2012.746045

In solidarity,
Dan Berger