[Ppnews] Statement No. 2 from PalestineStrike Leadership: We will continue until our demands are met

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sat Apr 28 20:43:11 EDT 2012

<http://samidoun.ca/2012/04/statement-no-2-from-strike-leadership-we-will-continue-until-our-demands-are-met/>Statement<http://samidoun.ca/2012/04/statement-no-2-from-strike-leadership-we-will-continue-until-our-demands-are-met/>
No. 2 from Strike Leadership: We will continue until our demands are met

by <http://samidoun.ca/?author=1>samidoun

The Leadership Committee of the Prisoners' Hunger Strike issued a
second statement about the continuing open hunger strike, emphasizing
that the strike will continue until their demands are achieved and
stating their willingness to die to achieve a decent life for
themselves and their sisters and brothers.

The Committee released a Statement No. 2 (see
<http://samidoun.ca/2012/04/statement-no-1-leadership-committee-of-palestinian-prisoners-on-hunger-strike/>Statement
No. 1) from the prisons of the occupation, as follows:

Statement No. 2
Issued by the Higher National Leadership Committee of the Prisoners' Struggle

This is the moment of truth, where hunger grips our bleeding wounds.
This is a call of duty and we cannot be weak or cowardly. We are
facing a real massacre committed by the Zionist jailers against our
individual and collective rights, where we are confronted by torture
and abuse on a daily basis, around the clock, in an attempt to force
all of the hunger strikers to break the strike.

We are at a crucial and dangerous stage, and inspired by our hunger
and our pain, speak to your conscience and affirm the following:

First, we will continue our strike. We will not go back, except by
achieving our demands. We will not be defeated by their crimes and
cruelty as we draft a vision for a decent life.

Second, we will take qualitative and unprecedented steps if the
Prison Service continues to refuse our demands, and we will not
announce these steps until the moment of implementation.

Third, we call on the masses of our people in the beseiged Gaza
Strip, the brave West Bank and all of Palestine, and our families at
home, to organize mass rallies and marches toward Israeli checkpoints
in order to confront the occupation.

Fourth, we expect our Arab brothers and sisters in Egypt and Jordan
to encircle the embassies of the Zionist entity in order to force it
to respond to our demands.

Fifth, we call upon the free people of the world and the Arab and
Muslim communities in all countries of the world to implement
rallies, protests, occupations and sit-ins at Israeli embassies as an
expression of solidarity with the prisoners' cause and to expose the
crimes of the Zionists.

Sixth, we value highly the reporting of Palestinian and Arab
satellite channels in their coverage of our strike, including
Al-Jazeera, that is consistent with the pulse of our nation and its
identity, as well as al-Aqsa TV, al-Quds TV, and call upon the Arab
and Palestinian media to exercise their duty to our just and
humanitariian cause.

Seventh, we are looking forward to an important and active Egyptian
role in support of our cause and we appeal to the ruling power in
sister Egypt to do all in its power to compel the Zionist entity to
commit to our demands, including ending the policy of solitary
confinement and isolation and the abolition of the "Shalit law."

Finally, We swear to continue to strike until our demands are met, no
matter what the cost. We believe in our right to a dignified life
even if we fall as martyrs. Our dignity is the greatest cost; we are
committed before God; we must live with dignity or die.

Higher National Leadership Committee of the Prisoners' Struggle
April 28, 2012