[Ppnews] SF8 Victory Celebration - Oct 22, 7 pm - 762 Fulton St - SF

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Oct 11 19:48:51 EDT 2011

We (SF8 Committee) are very pleased to announce a celebration of our
people's victory in the case of the San Francisco 8.  The last of six
defendants to have charges dropped was Francisco Torres (Cisco)
bringing to an end a nearly 5-year struggle for their
liberation.  While we were not able to free Jalil Muntaqim (Anthony
Bottom) and Herman Bell already incarcerated for nearly 4 decades in
NY prisons, we succeeded in getting 6 elders out of county jail early
on, and ultimately prevented them from being railroaded into the
prison system for the rest of their lives.  We're especially glad
that this event coincides with the 45th Anniversary of the Black
Panther Party since most of the brothers were members.  See the
Panther website for further details on events taking place between
October 21 - 23 at <http://www.itsabouttimebpp.org>www.itsabouttimebpp.org.

It's not often we get to win one, so join us to meet and congratulate
our brothers - all will be present:

Saturday, Oct. 22, 7pm
African American Arts & Culture Center
762 Fulton St (at Webster) San Francisco

Poetry, Music, Dancing, Food!
Performers include:  Music by Brass Liberation Orchestra,
Troublemakers Union (band), Kaylah Marin (singer), Ras Ceylon
(DJ).  Poetry by devorah major and Maisha Quint.  For more info, go
to <http://www.freethesf8.org>www.freethesf8.org.