[Ppnews] Health Report - Leonard Peltier

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue May 3 16:30:26 EDT 2011

May 3, 2011

As you know, in March, Leonard was allowed a biopsy to rule out
prostate cancer. After a very long wait, for a test that should have
yielded results within only a day or two, Leonard has finally been
officially notified that he does not have cancer. This is reason for
celebration, but we caution you about being overly optimistic about
Leonard's health. His symptoms persist and new tests have been
conducted. A diagnosis is long overdue for symptoms that presented so
very long ago. Urologic disorders which can mimic prostate cancer
also can be very serious indeed -- even leading to kidney failure.
With Leonard's severe diabetes as a complicating factor, we should
all continue to be very concerned about his wellbeing and overall
quality of medical care. Please continue writing and calling the
Bureau of Prisons to demand Leonard's transfer. For details and
contact information, please see
<http://www.whoisleonardpeltier.info/alert.htm>http://www.whoisleonardpeltier.info
/alert.htm.

On Leonard's behalf, we thank you for your prayers, ceremonies, and
hard work during this latest health crisis.

More Actions

Call the White House--Every day, call the White House and tell the
President that it's time to release Leonard Peltier. Call the White
House comment line at 202-456-1111. Or call the White House
switchboard at 202-456-1414 and ask to be transferred to the comment
line. Do it and keep doing it.

The Oglala Commemoration--The Commemoration Committee's auction is
the primary source of funds for the annual event at Pine Ridge on
June 26th. Visit the auction
(<http://www.oglalacommemoration.com>www.oglalacommemoration.com) and
place a bid. Help make this year's event bigger and better than ever.
*************************************

A Message from Leonard

As you know, I was denied parole in 2009. The decision was not
surprising, but disappointing. In the coming months, my attorneys
will go into court to challenge the Parole Commission's decision and
the constitutional violations involved with the 2009 hearing.

New legal strategies also are being considered. I see no reason to
satisfy the government by discontinuing to file legal briefs.

In the coming months, my Defense Committee in Fargo will issue alerts
and provide information about how you can best help. I ask that you
pay particular attention to what is asked of you. I know, together
with my Defense Committee, you will continue to work hard on my
behalf as you have always done. I ask you to concentrate on the
Bureau of Prisons in Washington, DC. My transfer to a facility closer
to home where I can receive quality health care is a must.
Concentrate also on the U.S. Congress. For years, we have pushed for
a full congressional investigation into the illegal tactics used by
the FBI to bring about my conviction. As always, please continue to
pressure the White House for my release. In the U.S., I urge
supporters to remember your First Amendment rights. Speak up and
speak out. Do what you can to prevent the government from being the
sole custodian of the official version of the truth.

As you may be aware, this is going to be a long, hard struggle. And a
costly one. In addition to the legal work, we still have much to do
to educate the public and even Members of Congress. Through the
years, it has been a struggle in itself to keep the Defense Committee
office open. I know many people are struggling in these difficult
times. But, my friends, donations are still needed. Please know that
your donation, no matter how small, counts. Every penny allows the
fight for my freedom to continue and is very appreciated.

Through the dedication of my staff and supporters, I know we'll
succeed. I look forward to spending my "free time" (smile) with all of you.

Doksha,

Leonard Peltier
LP-DOC - PO Box 7488 - Fargo, ND 58106
Phone: 701/235-2206; Fax:701/235-5045