[Ppnews] Peltier Update: Medical Treatment

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Feb 24 12:16:01 EST 2011

The biopsy that was ordered by a physician last November was finally
performed yesterday, 23 February.  Leonard will receive the results
in roughly 7 to 10 days.  The feedback from the physician wasn't
positive, however.  Everyone must continue to pressure the BOP for
Leonard's transfer so that he can receive timely, quality care.

Please sign the below letter; write your name and mailing address;
and mail or fax your letter today.

Mail to:  Federal Bureau of Prisons
Address:  320 1st Street, NW, Washington, DC 20534
Fax: (202) 514-6620

Sample Letter

* Often a handwritten heartfelt letter is quite effective.  Remember
to always employ a respectful tone and keep your comments brief and
to the point.  If you wish, you may adapt the following text. *

Harley G. Lappin, Director
U.S. Bureau of Prisons
320 First Street, NW
Washington, DC 20534

Dear Mr. Lappin:

It has come to my attention that Leonard Peltier #89637-132, an
inmate at the U.S. Penitentiary in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, is in
dire need of medical attention.

I believe that Mr. Peltier's medical needs are urgent. He needs to be
seen by proper medical staff. Therefore, I respectfully request that
Leonard Peltier be transferred to FCI-Oxford in Wisconsin or
FMC-Rochester in Minnesota. Either of these facilities can adequately
accommodate Mr. Peltier's medical needs.

Thank you in advance for transferring Leonard Peltier and immediately
addressing his medical needs!

Sincerely,

Signature

(Print Your Name)
(Print Your Street Address)
(Print Your City/State/Zip Code)

Thank you for all you do on Leonard's behalf.

Launched into cyberspace by the
Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee
PO Box 7488, Fargo, ND  58106
www.whoisleonardpeltier.info
contact at whoisleonardpeltier.info