[Ppnews] Jalil Muntaqim transferred to Attica

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Feb 14 20:50:09 EST 2011

Attached, please find a statement from political prisoner Jalil
Muntaqim regarding his recent and abrupt transfer from Auburn
Correctional Facility to Attica Correctional Facility on January 10,
2011. He is asking for community support, both against this
retaliatory transfer and against the widespread racist treatment of
NYS prisoners. He states:

2/10/11

"This morning as I was preparing to go to the marshal, 3 officers and
a sergeant came to the cell informing me I was going on a medical
trip. I put on all my state-issued green clothing, was chained,
shackled, and handcuffed, and was escorted to the van. We then went
to Utica Christian Medical Center, where they performed ultrasound
tests on my kidney, liver, and heart. Nothing remarkable was found.
Around 1:15pm we left to head back, but when we passed the exit
heading to Auburn, I asked where were they taking me? I was then told
Attica! I had none of my property!!! When I arrived to Attica, the
sergeant informed me that he was told by Attica administrators to put
me in a segregation cell. I doubt they will keep me in this cell for
long, especially after we get on their cases about the entire situation.

Now this is the deal; obviously this transfer is in retaliation for
my filing the Article 78 legal petition against Officer Johnston for
writing a disciplinary report full of lies. Also, because Auburn
prison officials sought to prevent my legal documents from reaching
the courts and I filed a grievance proving they were tampering with my mail.

It is alleged and believed that the transfer here is in retaliation
for me exercising my constitutional rights to petition the court.

Therefore, I am calling for all friends and supporters to call Brian
Fischer, Commissioner of NYS DOCS, and urge him to have me
transferred back to Auburn. Then, we will be moving to demand the NYS
Attorney General and Eric Holder, US Attorney General, to make an
official investigation into racist brutality of prisoners, and sexual
harassment/frisking of prisoners by correctional guards with the full
knowledge and acquiescence of his administration.

I am asking friends and supporters to call often and be consistent in
challenging NYS treatment of me and all NYS political prisoners!"

Since this was written, Jalil has been released from the segregation
unit into the general population. The majority of his property was
lost, including his typewriter, winter boots, coat, and sweaters.  He
was admitted less than half of his personal and legal materials.

CALL AND SUPPORT! Demand immediate return to Auburn, and access to
personal property!

Brian Fischer, Commissioner of NYS DOCS

(518) 457-8126

Mark L. Bradt, Superintendant of Attica Correctional Facility

(585) 591-2000

Jalil can be reached at:

Mr. Anthony Bottom 77A-4283

Attica Correctional Facility, PO Box 149

Attica NY 14011-0149

For more information about Jalil, go to
<http://www.freejalil.com>www.freejalil.com