[Ppnews] Update on Oscar Lopez Rivera Campaign - Monday, Feb 14

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Feb 14 10:37:50 EST 2011

UPDATE ON CAMPAIGN
Monday, February 14, 2011

Hi all:

As of today, there is no word from the United
States Parole Board (USPC). We believe this means
we are having an impact. Timing is critical now.
Although the USPC said they would try to make a
decision by yesterday, the designation of Oscar's
case as "Original Jurisdiction" gives them an
unlimited length of time to make the decision to
affirm or reject the US Parole Examiner's recommendation.

WE ARE HEARING THAT NO FAXES ARE GOING THROUGH
EITHER FAX NO DURING THE BUSINESS DAY AS OF
FRIDAY, FEB 11. THE last successful fax was
Thursday, Feb 10. Because of this, the letter
signing and mailing take on much more importance.
FAXES HAVE BEEN TRANSMITTED SUCCESSFULLY AFTER
BUSINESS HOURS AND ON WEEKENDS. IF YOU ARE ABLE, PLEASE FAX THEN.

Please continue to call-in and mail letters. The
USPC is telling callers that they must write
(only write, not call or fax). PLEASE CONTINUE TO
CALL, part of our insistence on calling is to
offset the conservative and reactionary callers that are calling every day.

We need to continue to apply the pressure. Please
continue to call and mail letters. Please
continue to call ONCE A DAY, EVERY DAY, UNTIL WE HEAR FROM THE PAROLE BOARD.

We need to everyone to continue to post on your
websites and Facebook and retweet, every day is
important! I will be sending out a letter to the
NYT editor that Michael Rodriguez from the New
England Chapter of the NBHRN sent on Friday.

WE CAN FREE OSCAR,
Alejandro
<mailto:alejandrom at boricuahumanrights.org>alejandrom at boricuahumanrights.org

Alejandro Luis Molina