[Ppnews] Medical Alert: Leonard Peltier Must Be Transferred

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sun Feb 6 19:25:28 EST 2011

At this time, Mr. Peltier's most pressing need is proper medical
care.  His only hope of being seen by qualified physicians and
receiving care that complies with standard medical protocols is to be
immediately transferred to another facility.  For background
information on this current crisis, read our November 2010 press
release at http://www.whoisleonardpeltier.info/pressrelease20101115.htm.

You can help.  Please print this letter (PDF
format):  http://www.whoisleonardpeltier.info/download/LappinLtr.pdf.
  Sign the letter; write your name and mailing address; and mail or
fax your letter today.

Mail to:  Federal Bureau of Prisons
Address:  320 1st Street, NW, Washington, DC 20534
Fax: (202) 514-6620

Sample Text

Often a handwritten heartfelt letter is quite effective.  Remember to
always employ a respectful tone and keep your comments brief and to
the point.  If you wish, you may adapt the following text.

[BEGIN]

Harley G. Lappin, Director
U.S. Bureau of Prisons
320 First Street, NW
Washington, DC 20534

Dear Mr. Lappin:

It has come to my attention that Leonard Peltier #89637-132, an
inmate at the U.S. Penitentiary in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, is in
dire need of medical attention.

I believe that Mr. Peltier's medical needs are urgent. He needs to be
seen by proper medical staff. Therefore, I respectfully request that
Leonard Peltier be transferred to FCI-Oxford in Wisconsin or
FMC-Rochester in Minnesota. Either of these facilities can adequately
accommodate Mr. Peltier's medical needs.

Thank you in advance for transferring Leonard Peltier and immediately
addressing his medical needs!

Sincerely,

Signature

[END]

Thank you for all you do on Mr. Peltier's behalf.

Launched into cyberspace by the
Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee
PO Box 7488, Fargo, ND  58106
www.whoisleonardpeltier.info