[Ppnews] Eric McDavid's Appeal Has Been Denied

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Sep 24 10:24:11 EDT 2010

Dear friends,

It is with heavy hearts that we write to tell you that Tuesday, September
21st, the 9th circuit court denied Eric's appeal of his conviction and
sentencing.  Given all that has happened these past 4+ years, this news
isn't shocking so much as it is maddening and upsetting.  The state has,
from the beginning, used dirty tricks and lies to hold Eric captive.  As
many have said, they wished to make an example of him...

And in that, at least, they have been successful.  But not in the way that
they might have wished.  Because for us, Eric has been a constant example
of strength, courage and integrity.  Of staying the course, even when the
deck is totally stacked against him.  And of not losing one's Self in the
midst of  potentially crushing adversity.

This is a very difficult time for Eric and his loved ones.  Please send
Eric a note of support to let him know he is not forgotten.  For more info
on how to write Eric, you can visit his website at:
<http://www.supporteric.org>www.supporteric.org

Yours,
SPS

PS
Eric's lawyer is pursuing a petition for a rehearing.  This is not quite
the end of the road as far as appeals are concerned.  We will keep you
updated on any progress.

If you would like to read the 9th Circuit's decision, it can be found here:
<http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/memoranda/2010/09/21/08-10250.pdf>http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/memoranda/2010/09/21/08-10250.pdf