[Ppnews] 1-Year anniversary - Detroit murder of Imam Luquman Abdullah

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Oct 28 19:32:58 EDT 2010

International council for urban Peace, justice and empowerment
Over 35 affiliated organizations throughout the world.

Press Release

INTERNATIONAL COUNCIL STATEMENT ON THE 1 yr. ANNIVERSARY OF THE
ASSASSINATION OF IMAM LUQUMAN ABDULLAH, DETROIT MUSLIM LEADER AND
ACTIVIST (Nov 2, 2009)

C.O.I.N.T.E.L.P.R.O. REMIX/IT'S A PATRIOT ACT THING!

The International Council for Urban Peace, Justice and Empowerment is
a coalition of chapters and affiliates in over 35 cities. We
represent the largest grassroots, national, international coalition
and network: of faith and community based organizations activists and
organizers dedicated to peace, justice and empowerment, ending gang
warfare, violence and crime.  On behalf of the grassroots people of
Detroit and America we are issuing a statement on the "extra judicial
execution" or targeted assassination of Imam Luquman Abdullah (of
Detroit 10-28-2010)

All of the affiliates of the International Council for Urban Peace,
Justice and Empowerment have stated for the record that Imam Luquman
was the victim of a conspiracy that was intended to characterize him,
his mosque, their members and his national affiliated relationships
as criminals by the government putting together paid criminal
informants to infiltrate a mosque and engage in provacatouring in a
community that is economically depressed and socially challenged (to
commit crimes).   Our independent investigation has uncovered a
consistent line of lies by the government, and we have been given
what is so called "classified information" by law enforcement in
Georgia and Michigan that the Imam was targeted because of his
relationship to Imam Jamil Al-Amin (formerly known as H. Rap Brown
the 60's civil rights activist).  In addition, the National Ummah was
actively involved in organizing the most successful Urban, (Gang)
Peace and Justice effort in history, which resulted in a ten (10)
year drop in gang related shootings, homicides, other violence and
negative activity.

According to some documents that have been uncovered, Imam Luquman,
who was actively involved in visiting Imam Jamil in prison in Georgia
was accused of being inciteful by Federal Bureau of Prison
Investigators (their ideas of inciteful were asking questions and
raising issues like health and his human rights which triggered a
death sentence.  Although the Georgia State Bureau of Prisons did not
accuse him of that.  His visits were peaceful and the climate was
non- threatening.   However, it was alleged according to the federal
government that Imam Jamil was too powerful in the Georgia State
Prison and that he was a threat to the status quo because of his
ability to perhaps call for work stoppages, and hunger
strikes.  There is no evidence of Imam Jamil being involved in those
types of activities. But as a result of that, he was transferred to
the Supermax Prison in Florence Colorado. In addition, it was stated
that Imam Luquman would be targeted by the Federal Government because
of his consistent visits, his advocacy on behalf of Imam Jamil's
human rights in addition to giving him candy bars or insisting that
he be given some snacks.  As a result of that, Imam Luquman was
targeted and assassinated in this extra judicial killing.

We are stating for the record that we have no confidence in the
Justice Department's  ability to investigate this because of  the
fact that the division involved with this trick or treat provocative
action is a division that was put in place before the former
President Bush and the former head  of the justice dept left
office.  So even though statements and policies by President Barack
Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder were issued which called for
mutual respect for Muslims in the United States and the world, the
assassination of Imam Luquman is clearly a violation of that
statement and of that policy.  (Muslim American Nigga's are not included).

The hypocrisy in this investigation is laughable.  The case is based
upon the sworn statements of provocateurs- paid government
informants- who are convicted criminals and were being paid by the
federal government to infiltrate a mosque and create a criminal
enterprise by giving money and resources for entrapment.

The so called "criminal activity" was hatched in Washington,
D.C.  The monies came out of Washington, D.C.  All of the so called
contraband was purchased out of Washington, D.C.  The very aspects of
the so called warehouse where the assassination took place was
controlled by the federal government and so therefore everything that
went on inside that warehouse, everything that took place in terms of
the purchases, everything that went on in terms of the alleged
statements made by Imam Luquman were all statements and things that
were done by paid government lying provocateurs.

For the record, it was stated that Imam Luquman was the head of an
organization called "Al Ummah", which means "Brotherhood".  That is a
bold faced lie.  Any fool that knows any Arabic knows that Ummah
means "community".  Imam Luquman Abdullah was part of a network of
Masjids and organizations around the country that came together to
"agree to disagree" without being "disagreeable" and to work together
for community upliftment, feeding the poor, economic development,
re-entry, community empowerment, social justice, stopping gang
violence and youth violence as well as working against crime, gangs,
drugs, and other illegal activities around the communities.  The
Masjids engaged in: economic development initiatives, athletic
programs and social initiatives for the youth and also providing for
family development, counseling and interreligious relations.  In
addition, they entered into public and private partnerships for
community empowerment.

It was also stated that Al-Ummah is a black separatist and radical
group that is dedicated to using violence (hilarious) to establish an
Islamic community in America and imposition of Shariah Law on the
population.  That is a bold faced lie.  The definition of Al Ummah
(community) and the organization that they are referring to as being
a race based organization made up of only formerly incarcerated men
and women is also a lie.

So therefore, from the beginning of the "conspiracy", the intent was
not to allow Imam Luquman to live, but to assassinate him - to send a
message to the Muslims of African descent in America and that message
- has been received.

The FBI stated that this was not a terrorism case however; the
investigation was conducted by a counter terrorism
unit.  Hypocrisy.  They talked about threats against the government
stated by Imam Luquman.  However, we have no evidence that those
statements were ever made.  It is also stated that Al
Ummah(Brotherhood) is made up of the majority of formerly
incarcerated men and women.   Again, that is a bold faced lie.  We
clearly understand that in this situation, racism and politics were
the motivation for this attack.  White supremacy and white
nationalism and racism is the guiding force amongst most law
enforcement in America.  Couple that with what is called the global
war on terrorism and that has contributed to further repression of
Muslims in America.

Since Columbus got lost and white people came to the United States
America, millions of Muslims were enslaved. Over 100 million people
of African descent have perished from the beginning of the slave
trade - up until the end of slavery.  There were over 50 million
Native Americans in North America before the slave trade began and
now there are less than a million. How do you define pathological?

Historians have stated for the record that 30% of those enslaved
Africans were Muslims.  There was a period of time in the United
States before the government of the United States was in place after
the Revolutionary War where Muslims from Europe and Africa were
engaged in mutual trade and exchange of social and cultural
relationships between Native American tribes. Genocide has taken
place because there is hardly any evidence of the existence of these groups.

We also have concluded that the United States government has been
engaged in repression (political, social, and cultural),
discrimination, racism, genocide and marginalization and human rights
violations against all Muslims people and people of Muslim heritage
in every phase and every era of government of this country called the
United States.

We are aware of the presence of thriving indigenous Muslim
communities in America before the Revolutionary War and the Civil
War. Whether it is the groups that emerged out of Chicago, that were
affiliated with Noble Drew Ali or the groups that were affiliated
with Marcus Garvey or the groups that were affiliated with Elijah
Muhammad, Dar-ul-Islam or other indigenous grass roots Muslim
movements, El Hajj Malik Shabazz, Imam Jamil Al-Amin or Imam Warith
Deen Muhammad were all targeted by F.B.I./C.I.A. Counter Intelligence
Movements.  Everyone of the organizations in all of the communities
that have been associated with  these groups, even though they have
been discriminated against, even though they have been oppressed and
treated unjustly by the United States government have been the most
effective groups in addressing violence, crime, drugs, gangs and
other self destructive behaviors in the African American
Community.  In fact, for the record, there is no other faith based or
religious or ethnic group in America that has been more effective in
turning around drug addicts, prostitutes, robbers, criminals, gang
bangers and other self destructive behaviors in the country.

In addition, without any government support, the Muslims in America
have pioneered faith based schools and were the first organization to
have a weekly newspaper and had the most extensive business and
entrepreneurship activities of any other African American group in
the country.    Muslims have been  involved in stabilizing the prison
population to the degree that mostly all wardens agreed during the
60's and 70's that the Muslims were and had continued to be the most
stabilizing influence within the prison population.

And it is very clear that we have received an answer and we have
received a statement from the government as it relates as it relates
to the work that Muslims have done and continue to do.

And so, based upon this, based upon this process that the government
is engaged in, elements within the government and particularly
amongst laws enforcement where there are several steps:  first they
trivialize activities, then they marginalize activities, then they
demonize activities, then they criminalize activities, then they
dehumanize the activity and then they terrorize the people that are
engaged in uplifting and other kinds of self upliftment activities
and ultimately imprison or assassinate the leaders of these groups.

Therefore, we are calling on the Organization of Islamic Conference,
the United Nations and those international bodies of lawyers, human
rights activists and many of the national and international  groups
to call for an international inquiry/investigation not only into the
assassination of Imam Luquman, but also on this ongoing and
systematic oppression and genocide conducted against Muslims.

In addition, we are saying that the government itself, the United
States Federal Government should be investigated because imposition
of ideological conformity is a crime against humanity.

Imam Luquman was denied due process and equal protection under the
law and his extra judicial execution was cruel and unusual
punishment.  In this situation, the so called law enforcement
officers went from being law enforcement officers who are sworn to
protect and uphold the community to becoming investigators, accusers,
prosecution, judge, juries, jailers and executioners.

This is a violation of international human rights and it is immoral.

We are calling on all of the world body of countries of the united
nations, the general assembly and the national security council to
conduct an investigation into the human rights violations that are
taking place in the United States throughout the prisons in the
United States, within the law enforcement bodies and departments of
not only the federal government, but the state and local governments as well.

We are also calling for a National and International Summit where all
of these things must be dealt with in a forum that is conducted by an
international body of respected international jurists and investigators.

Once again, it is important to understand that the law enforcement
community who invented these lies and tricks to try to entrap Imam
Luquman are themselves guilty.  They must understand that you cannot
murder the mind, the spirit and the soul of Imam Luquman-you can only
martyr his body.

Resistance and struggle for empowerment in this country by Muslims
cannot be stopped and your ideological white supremacists racist and
white nationalist's activities that are the same as that of your
ancestors have shown that you cannot find the key to the spirit of
Imam Luquman.  That is owned by Almighty God Allah.   Your war is
with Almightily God Allah and you will lose in this life as well as the next.

May God give the family of Imam Luquman peace and tranquility and may
he send His peace and tranquility to all the members of Masjid
Al-Haqq and all of those affiliated with the Muslim leadership within
the Detroit and Dearborn areas.

May He inspire us to continue to organize and to speak truth to
injustice and oppression and may He continue to harmonize our minds
and our thoughts and our energies so that we can continue to be
successful in our quest for empowerment in America.

And remember our brothers and sisters, as America becomes less
ethnically White and Eurocentric, it is essential to understand that
the pathology of White supremacy will continue to put forth the myth
that White makes right and the Eurocentric pathology of might makes
right if it comes from White people.  They will continue to operate
off of this pathology because they have not realized that it is a
pathology, so it is important that we see the disease for what it is
and that we continue to work with all people based upon the
principles of truth, justice and righteousness and that we do not
become dispirited.  That we do not become apathetic.  That we do not
become passive and that we do not become disheartened because of the
actions of these people.

As a matter of fact, we should become more inspired, more active,
more assertive and more competent in the victory of our cause.  We
should never judge the struggle by the casualties.

Understand that our victory has been promised by Almighty
God.  Victory or martyrdom is a win/win situation.

Submitted,
Amir El Hajj Khalid A. Samad
International Council for Urban Peace, Justice and Empowerment

T. Rashad Byrdsong           Jitu Sadiki       Minister Kuratibish Rashid
Spokesman                      Spokesman                 Spokesman

For more information, please contact the offices of Peace in the Hood
at (216) 283-5434 or our email at peaceinthehood at yahoo.com