[Ppnews] Prison interview with Mondo we Langa on COINTELPRO and Omaha Two

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Oct 18 10:43:10 EDT 2010

Prison interview with Mondo we Langa on COINTELPRO and Omaha Two case

October 18th, 2010 10:08 am ET
http://www.examiner.com/cointelpro-in-national/prison-interview-with-mondo-we-langa-on-cointelpro-and-omaha-two-case

Mondo we Langa (formerly David Rice) imprisoned
in the maximum security Nebraska State
Penitentiary at Lincoln is serving a life
sentence for the 1970 bombing murder of an Omaha policeman.

Mondo was a leader of the Black Panther Party
affiliate National Committee to Combat Fascism in
Omaha and was convicted with Ed Poindexter,
chairman of the Omaha chapter, for the murder of
Larry Minard.  Both men were targets of the
infamous Operation COINTELPRO of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

J. Edgar Hoover, director of the FBI, waged his
own secret war on political activists in America
using the clandestine COINTELPRO bureaucracy
against individuals and groups he targeted in the
largest abuse of law enforcement powers in American history.

Minard had been lured to his death by an
anonymous 911 caller.  Hoover ordered the
withholding of a FBI crime lab report on the
identity of the 911 caller in order to convict
the two Panther leaders now known as the Omaha Two.

In an exclusive prison interview Mondo we Langa,
who maintains his innocence, talked about
COINTELPRO and his prosecution from the prison
where he has been held for four decades.

“We didn’t know about COINTELPRO
but what we did
know in the Party is that in ‘69 Fred Hampton and
Mark Clark had been murdered by the police in
Chicago.  We knew that all over the country
Panthers were being targeted by the police, the
FBI and so forth,  So even though we didn’t know
about the existence of COINTELPRO we did know
that some things were going on that should not be
going on in a supposed democracy.”

“It is about paranoia.  And when you think about
it the U.S. government had a right to be paranoid
They were doing wrong to people every day.”

“But there were a couple of agendas working hand
in hand.  One, you had the Omaha Police
Department. Two, you had the FBI.  Now the FBI’s
agenda was probably more related to the
destruction of the Black Panther Party
solely.  The Omaha Police agenda had that as part
of their agenda as well as finding the killer or
killers of Minard.  You can believe those cops wanted somebody.”
“But when you put the two agendas together, that
is where we ended up with the situation where six
people were so-called suspects and only two
people went to trial.  Somebody had to pay for
Minard’s killing, so they got that taken care
of.  At the same time they were able to
essentially kill the head so the body would die.”

Mondo we Langa currently has a new trial request
pending before the 8th Circuit U.S. Court of
Appeals citing a new forensic analysis of the 911
tape that disputes the official version of the
case.  No date for a decision on the request has been set.

Permission granted to reprint

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJY7FUPPmjg>YouTube
prison interview with Mondo we Langa