[Ppnews] Letter from Jalil Muntaqim

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Oct 7 10:30:40 EDT 2010

Letter from Jalil Muntaqim:

In the meantime, I'm doing everything I humanly
can to promote the 2nd edition of "We Are Our Own
Liberators." Trying to make it go viral in
cyber-space, so if you have any ideas to promote
the book on the internet please do so. I have a
copy of reviews being circulated on the internet;
Workers World paper published one, Pan-African
News Service picked it up, and other periodicals
will place advertisements. I recently did an
interview for a new hip-hop magazine called the
"Corner Store" mentioning the work. My thinking
is if Paterson fails to do the right thing, the
book will certainly increase my base of support
by my 2012 parole hearing. I'm thinking about
organizing a rally at the Division of Parole in 2012 if it becomes necessary.

One of the problems I'm confronting, which seems
to be endemic in the overall movement is the
level of "liberalism" infecting the progressive
community. I'm really thinking about writing an
overall criticism of the entire movement (what is
supposed to be a movement). This anemic
determination to challenge the system has
essentially given the right-wing the overwhelming
advantage to shape and mold public opinion to
create an environment to usher overt fascism. A
neo-Christian nationalist fascism is being formed
with all of the trappings reminiscent of the advent of Nazi Germany.

But what is fundamental to the existence of
"liberalism" in the "left" is this growing
visceral opposition to any degree of militancy.
It seems the progressive community has been
cowered into a permanent state of passive
resistance. A defensive posture bordering on
cowardice in the face of reactionary racist
marching to a tune of jingoism and xenophobia
 So
as you can tell, I'm extremely dissatisfied with
the "left" total existence and capitulation to reformism.

Recently I have been in discussion with folks
about initiating a two-pronged national strategy
with the overall objective to restore a militant
determination in the movement. The first prong, a
national signature petition campaign calling for
the Reopening of COINTELPRO Hearings. This
initiative will be for all of 2011, with the goal
of collecting 250,000 signatures in such time.
Obviously, for this to be successful all
activists who claim to support U.S. PP/POWs will
need to join and hit the bricks and talk up
COINTELPRO, PPs and get signatures
 This would
essentially be a national consciousness-raising
campaign on our issue, up close and in person,
with "the people," to gain their support and
signatures; the second prong—a national
mobilization to submit the signature petition
demanding Reopening COINTELPRO Hearing and
Amnesty for U.S. PP/POWs in D.C. during Spring
Break 2012. The signature petition will be given
directly to the CBC (John Conyers) and Obama's
White House. After the submission in a rally
participating activists will be instructed to
return to their home state to challenge
candidates during fundraising, town hall
meetings, debates, etc. on our issue. In this
way, our task/goal is to ensure our issue is
raised onto the national debate during the election year of 2012.

I'm confident that the 20 month campaign could
have tremendous impact to resurrect a militant
national determination, raising both national and
international consciousness on the existence of
U.S. PP/POWs and their fight to demand amnesty.
This is a win-win strategic proposition. Of
course, Claude Marks/ Freedom Archives
documentary "COINTELPRO 101" could prove
extremely instrumental in being a catalyst,
inspiring and giving additional political support to the national campaign.

Revolutionary love and unity,
Jalil Muntaqim
Auburn Correctional Facility

--
A revolution now cannot be confined to the place
or people where it may commence, but flashes with

Free All Political Prisoners!
nycjericho at gmail.com • www.jerichony.org