[Ppnews] Oakland - Help Holly Noll resist prosecution for Oscar Grant protests

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Mar 26 10:42:41 EDT 2010

A Call For Help
by Sarah Pequignot ( slp [at] stuarthanlonlaw.com )
Thursday Mar 25th, 2010 indybay.org

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2010/03/25/18642894.php

A young woman named Holly Noll is being prosecuted in Alameda County for an
arrest that took place during the January 14, 2009 Oscar Grant
protests. She is asking anybody who attended those protests to review
their video or photos to see if they have photos of the scene. She is
also asking if anyone, who took video/photos of both the January 7th
and January 14th protests, would be willing to share their footage,
and possibly testify at trial about the general atmosphere of the
Oscar Grant protests.

I am an attorney, assisting in the representation of a 23-year-old woman
named Holly Noll, who is facing felony charges in Alameda County. On January
14, 2009, during the Oscar Grant protests, at least fifteen police
officers detained a group of four people, including Holly, for wearing
bandanas over their faces. As a direct result of the encounter, Holly, is
now facing trial on April 5th.

The events happened near the corner of 12th and Alice at around 5pm on
January 14, 2009. A legal observer has provided us with audio of his
observations at the scene. His audio mentions that a videographer was
present at the scene, and appeared to be videotaping. We are looking for
any video or photographs that may have been taken at the scene, showing
any interaction between Oakland police officers and the group of five
individuals (3 males, and one female) at this intersection, either prior
to or subsequent to their arrest.

In addition, a month ago, at a previous hearing in Holly's case, an
officer testified that the violence that erupted at the January 7, 2009
Oscar Grant protests, gave him reason to detain anyone wearing bandanas
over their faces at the January 14, 2009 protest. However, as many people
who participate in demonstrations will agree, people wear bandanas for
many reasons, not always to engage in violence. Conversely, people who
engage in violence at these demonstrations often don't wear masks.

For this reason, in addition to any possible footage or photos of the
arrest at 12th and Alice, Holly is also asking if anyone would be
interested in sharing their video footage from both Oscar Grant protest
dates (Jan. 7th & Jan. 14th) to help demonstrate for the jury the general
atmosphere of the Oscar Grant protests and the commonness of wearing
bandanas at demonstrations such as the Oscar Grant protests. As Holly's
defense team, we will do our best to adequately prepare anyone willing to
testify at trial.

If anyone is interested in assisting with Holly's defense in either of
these ways, please contact me as soon as possible. You may contact me by
email:
Sarah Pequignot ( slp [at] stuarthanlonlaw.com )
or you may call me at (415) 864-5600.

Trial is set to begin April 5th, so time is of the essence.

More info at:

http://supportholly.org/

Support Holly!!