[Ppnews] Support Eddie Conway | Appeal for him to attend his mother's funeral

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Jun 15 10:20:40 EDT 2010

http://eddieconway.wordpress.com/

Ronald Conway and Paulo Harris have prepared this
brief letter requesting Eddie's presence at his
mother's funeral service. Please help support
this request by following the instructions in the letter. Thank you.

<http://eddieconway.wordpress.com/2010/06/15/the-passing-of-eleanor-conway/>The
Passing of Eleanor Conway: An Urgent Plea!

Posted on
<http://eddieconway.wordpress.com/2010/06/15/the-passing-of-eleanor-conway/>June
15, 2010 by
<http://eddieconway.wordpress.com/author/paulogregory/>Paulo Gregory

As many of you know Eddie Conway’s mother,
Eleanor Conway passed suddenly on last Thursday.
Eddie has not been able to see his mother for
quite a long time.  The following request is from Eddie’s family.

We are contacting you on behalf of the Conway
family. We are requesting your support to ensure
that Eddie be allowed to attend the funeral of
his dearly departed mother. There is information
below on how to contact the Secretary, Department
of Public Safety and Correctional Services who
has the authority to temporarily provide
bereavement leave to Eddie so that he can
properly say goodbye to his mother. We urge that
you contact the Secretary and reach out to as
many others as possible to do the same to make
certain that Eddie is permitted to do so. Given
the urgency of the timing, please call and speak
directly with the Secretary, or leave a voice message.

Please also send your thoughts and prayers!

Gary D. Maynard, Chair
Secretary, Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services
Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions
6852 4th St, Sykesville, MD 21784-7433

Telephone: 410-875-3400, Fax: 410-875-3582

We also invite you to attend the funeral. The
family has arranged for the services to take
place Thursday June 17th at 1:30 pm at March Funeral home.

The address is:

March’s Funeral Home
4300 Wabash Ave
Baltimore, MD 21215