[Ppnews] Support Oso Blanco by Calling in and Writing on Fri Jan 15th

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Jan 8 21:17:24 EST 2010

<http://denverabc.wordpress.com/2010/01/09/support-oso-blanco-by-calling-in-and-writing-on-friday-january-15th/>Support
Oso Blanco by Calling in and Writing on Friday January 15th!!

http://denverabc.wordpress.com/2010/01/09/support-oso-blanco-by-calling-in-and-writing-on-friday-january-15th/
Posted on January 9, 2010 by denverabc

Byron Chubbuck, whose Indian name is
<http://www.osoblanco.org/main/>Oso Blanco, is serving 80 years for
<http://denverabc.wordpress.com/political-prisoners-database/byron-shane-chubbuck/>expropriating
money from banks and sending thousands of dollars to Chiapas, Mexico
to help fund the
<http://en.wikipedia.org/.../Zapatista_Army_of_National_Liberation>Zapatistas
and feed indigenous children. Because of his political background, he
has been subject to
<http://denverabc.wordpress.com/2009/11/24/oso-blanco-beaten-and-tortured-by-prison-guards/>horrendous
treatment at U.S. Penitentiary Lewisburg which includes: beatings,
waterboarding, mail tampering, false charges, and the forced cutting
of his hair which is a great offense against a Native American! The
torture must be stopped!

*CALL:*
There is going to be a coordinated effort to call in on behalf of
Byron Shane Chubbuck. Contact USP Lewisburg on FRIDAY JANUARY 15TH
2010 between the hours of 10am-12:00pm Eastern Standard time,
(7am-9am Pacific) If you cannot make this time frame, you can still
CALL at another time on the 15th, but make sure you do CALL. It is
essential that we maintain a unified effort in letting the prison
staff know that we oppose the abuse against Mr. Chubbuck.
*The number at USP Lewisburg is:*

*570-523-1251* (keep trying if no answer!) ask for the Mr. Ademai, the
manager of Z Unit.

*WHAT TO SAY*
Hello, I am calling out of concern for inmate Byron Shane Chubbuck,
prisoner #07909051. I am aware that his mail is being tampered with,
he has been denied medical treatment as well as religious rights, and
has sustained both physical and psychological abuse by staff at your
facility. I am requesting that steps be taken to correct this
misconduct and hope to hear a response from you as soon as possible.
Mr. Chubbuck will let us know if this continues. Thank you, (Name)

*WRITE*
Send letters to:
Warden Bledsoe
USP Lewisburg
U.S. Penitentiary
2400 Robert F. Miller Drive

Dear Warden Bledsoe,

I have been informed that acts of abuse have been directed towards
Byron Chubbuck #07909051. Mr. Chubbuck has been in various USPs and
has never received the type of treatment he has been experiencing in Lewisburg.

It has been brought to my attention that he has received disciplinary
action including loss of phone, visitation rights and access to
commissary items. We find these excessive punishments for hanging a
towel to dry or removing his jump suit to work out. He has also been
falsely accused of throwing fecal matter at your staff, carrying a
weapon, and assaulting a staff member (Lt. Galleta).

Of utmost concern at this time, however, is the treatment Mr.
Chubbuck received on November 7th, 2009. I am aware that officers
shot nonlethal chemical pellets numerous times in to the occupied
cell where Mr. Chubbuck and his cellmate, Mr. Andrade #16320-085, are
housed. Mr. Chubbuck was removed from the cell and restrained by
several staff members who subsequently poured scalding water on to
his face. He was then stripped and placed in solitary. While this
alone is disturbing, I am extremely appalled to hear that PA Potter
cut Mr. Chubbuck's hair. This is a sign of disrespect and a great
insult to an enrolled Native American.

In addition, Mr. Chubbuck is experiencing the worst handling of his
mail in over five years, at five other USPs. If these gross
injustices against Mr. Chubbuck are found to be in retaliation for
his political views, this would be a violation of his rights and BOP policy.

I am sending this letter in solidarity with the many across the
nation. I demand a full investigation into Mr. Chubbuck's treatment
on November 7, 2009 and to see his assault charge from that day be
dropped. I also ask that the June 24, 2009 fecal charges against him
be reviewed and dropped.

I have sent copies of this letter to state representatives and will
establish a written record of what is widely considered as abuse. I
will be going through the proper channels within the BOP system to
ensure that this incident does not go unnoticed. Mr. Chubbuck will
not be cut off from his international supporters. He will not be forgotten!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

*SUPPORT*

Write Let Oso Blanco know that you supported him! It is absolutely
essential that Oso Blanco knows how many people he has on the outside
that will not allow him to be forgotten, even if it is a single letter.

BYRON CHUBBUCK
# 07909051
USP LEWISBURG
PO BOX 1000
LEWISBURG PA, 17837

*IN OSO'S WORDS*

"Who said to stop calling in!? No one runs us! WE run us!" -Oso Blanco
December 2009

MapachinABC at gmail.com
Ciastaugustine at yahoo.com