[Ppnews] Call to Action: Fair Reconsideration for Parole of Leonard Peltier

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Feb 8 10:22:23 EST 2010

A Call to Action
February 8, 2010

Attention, Supporters! February 6 has come and
gone. We've had a day of rest, too. It's time to get busy once again.

As you know, Leonard's application for parole was
denied in August 2009. Leonard has appealed that
decision and needs our support. Leonard has not
given up. We can't give up, either. In fact,
let's intensify our efforts on Leonard's behalf.

Actively support the parole of Leonard Peltier as
you did last summer. Insist on a fair
reconsideration of Leonard's application for parole.

Write a brief and to-the-point letter to the U.S.
Parole Commission at 5550 Friendship Boulevard,
Suite 420, Chevy Chase, Maryland 20815-7286, Re: Leonard Peltier #89637-132.

You can fax your letter to (301) 492-6694, if you wish.

The Commission has no public e-mail.

Once you've sent off your letter to the
Commission, please also call President Obama’s
comment line at (202) 456-1111 or (202) 456-1112.
Tell the President to support the parole of Leonard Peltier.

There was a crippling snow storm in the
Washington metropolitan area this past weekend.
Service at the White House may be disrupted as a
result. Be patient and keep calling until you get
through to the comment line. Generally, the White
House comment line is open Monday through Friday
from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., EST.

Remember also that if the lines are busy, you can
call the switchboard at (202) 456-1414. Ask for
the comment line. You may be placed on hold until
the next available staffer can take your call.

We thank you in advance for your attention to
this urgent matter -- as well as your time, effort, and commitment.

In the Spirit of Crazy Horse,

The Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee

Contact:

LP-DOC - PO Box 7488 - Fargo, ND 58106
(701) 235-2206 (Phone); (701) 235-5045 (Fax)
www.whoisleonardpeltier.info
contact at whoisleonardpeltier.info