[Ppnews] Greetings From Leonard Peltier Feberuary 2010

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Feb 2 12:41:23 EST 2010

contact at whoisleonardpeltier.info

Greetings from the Iron House. It has come to my attention that a
rumor has been circulating about my death. Sorry to disappoint the
Trimbachs, Ed Wood, and all the other vermin, but I am still alive
and kicking. I continue to struggle for the truth about my case-much
of it hidden in the 6,000 documents they are afraid to release-to see
the light of day.

I have been monitoring the case with the Crow Creek tribe's land
issues, and have been asked my opinion. As in nearly all things, I
come down on the side of the tribe. Sovereignty and self
determination are the lynchpins to Indian freedom. I want the people
of Crow Creek to know they have my fullest support in their
endeavors. This case affects all Indians, and should matter to all
people of conscience. Everyone should monitor this case to its
fullest conclusion, and know it is yet another example of Indian
people's daily reality. The Indian wars are not over; they just are
fought more in the courtrooms and the boardrooms these days. But the
issues are mostly the same-the land, resources, and freedom. Freedom
to think. Freedom to live as we wish. Freedom to be who we
are.  Don't for a second allow yourself to think that the
conspirators aren't working. They're out there, and as always they're
plotting ways to dispossess and marginalize Indian people at every
opportunity.

We were all sad to learn of the passing this past week, of Howard
Zinn. A brilliant author, researcher, activist, not to mention a fine
human being and a friend to my cause, his loss is a blow to all of us
who struggle against oppression. Please send up prayers for his
family and loved ones, and that his spirit has a good journey.

As always, a big thank you to my family and everyone else helping out
at the office, and all my supporters world wide. Through your
efforts, one day we'll win my freedom.

In the Spirit of Crazy Horse,
Leonard Peltier