[Ppnews] Jerome White-Bey in the hole again

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sat Dec 4 17:51:45 EST 2010

MPLU-founder & Anarchist Prisoner Jerome White-Bey is in the hole again!

After a long period of no disciplinary cases, this one is so
non-specific with the available current information and is as
unreasonable as most of the others since I've known him.

Brighton ABC and Central Texas ABC have been working hard over the
past 6 months to get them to comply with their own medical
conclusions that he needed Interferon Therapy for his Hep-C
liver/damage, which requires transfer to a facility that performs it,
for a period of 6 months, if I recalled right the time for treatment.
In late July and early August they now conclude that, his diagnosed
hypothyroidism condition would have an adverse reaction to the
Interferon drugs.

He's been taking the Thyroid medication since June, when we were told
it would be about 2 months for his Thyroid to normalize (Enthyroid),
but it's been at least or over 4 months since then; he states he
hasn't been to visit the doctor in he doesn't know how long - so how
the hell would they know if he's become stabilized!

Now, this contrived issue, that could possibly be nothing more than a
benign meeting he had with a person about gang pressure put on the
guy to join a gang where he worked; Jerome is an experienced mediator
and organizer; so I'm presuming before I get more answers from him -
that this was innocuous enough on the face of it but also has the
smell of administration orchestration.

Dare I say "set-up"?

I've asked him if he had any history with this guy who was slapped
around by the"alleged" gang members, who approached Jerome on a
referral to ask if he could help. Eastern Regional Diagnostics Care
Center (ERDCC) also brought up a bogus 14-name "enemies list" when he
arrived there 3 or more years ago, which we successfully discredited
after a painstaking letter writing effort and affidavits; so all
these little trips are in the backs of their heads all the time to isolate him.

I want all friends of Jerome's to write a short letter to:

MDOC Regional Medical Director Dr. Conley,
2729 Plaza Drive,
P.O. Box 236,
Jefferson City, MO. 65102

Ask the doctor to check into why it's taking twice the time normally
for Jerome's Thyroid to respond to the Thyroid medication to
stabilize it; especially if he claims he hasn't had an intake to see
a doctor in a long time - and add that his transfer to begin the
Interferon Therapy must happen immediately if it shows the
hypothyroidism is in check. (their excuse true or not is that
Interferon has adverse effects on a hypothyroid condition) He should
recommend that he be released from the hole while this so-called
investigation is run.
But, I caveat all that with, he was scheduled for parole (December
2009) at the height of his decline in health last fall, which would
have allowed him access to better care on the outs, so it's illogical
that they wouldn't want to cut him loose to avoid any medical expense
on him, which is so prison-like; but now it's other unfathomable
reasons to stall the next step in treatment. (See: attachment with
Dec. 2009 letter-writing campaign for parole reference - and update
if you want to)

Also, I don't know if he is actually out of the hole yet pending this
non-specific investigation they won't disclose to him
on what it is, he has only two ideas; the treatment pressure we've
exerted over this past year and or this contact with another prisoner.
In the 11/14/10 letter to Brighton, he must have been put in the hole
the second week of November; and had a cold at the time and was in a
cold cell. If anyone understands a little about the Endocrine system,
it's a very highly tuned system that can be thrown out of balance
further when subjected to these conditions; which is also baffling -
unless rather then release him they'd promote his demise.

Another person to contact at the facility is a health services administrator:

Ms. Chandler, HSA/ERDCC,
E.R.D.C.C.
2727 Highway K,
Bonne Terre, MO. 63628

And lastly, most of all, write Jerome to help him through this ordeal,
or send a birthday card on December 28th to:

Jerome
White-Bey,

MDOC#37479,
E.R.D.C.C.

2727 Highway K,
Bonne Terre, MO.
63628

Mr. Twitch,
Central Texas ABC

..."For Prisoners, there is no alcohol nor flowers, but the night is
so lovely, how can we celebrate it?
I go to the air hole and stare up at the moon, and through the air
hole, the moon smiles at the poet..."
- Ho Chi Minh, Prison Diary