[Ppnews] George L. Jackson - 39 years later - his ideas still shine!

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sat Aug 21 11:31:28 EDT 2010

From: Kiilu Nyasha <kiilu2 at sbcglobal.net>

Greetings All:

Reminding you that Saturday August 21 marks the 39th anniversary of
the death of our beloved Comrade, George Lester Jackson (Sept. 23,
1941 - August 21, 1971).  I'm attaching a photo of an acrylic
painting recently sent to me from Sundiata Acoli who is doing his
36th year in a New York prison (just denied 10!).  You can learn more
about Sundiata at
<http://www.sundiataacoli.org>www.sundiataacoli.org.  I'm also
including some quotes from George's writings:

"International capitalism cannot be destroyed without the extremes of
struggle. The entire colonial world is watching the blacks inside the
U.S., wondering and waiting for us to come to our senses. Their
problems and struggles with the Amerikan monster are much more
difficult than they would be if we actively aided them. We are on the
inside. We are the only ones (besides the very small white minority
left) who can get at the monster's heart without subjecting the world
to nuclear fire. We have a momentous historical role to act out if we
will. The whole world for all time in the future will love us and
remember us as the righteous people who made it possible for the
world to live on. If we fail through fear and lack of aggressive
imagination, then the slave of the future will curse us, as we
sometimes curse those of yesterday. I don't want to die and leave a
few sad songs and a hump in the ground as my only monument. I want to
leave a world that is liberated from trash, pollution, racism,
nation-states, nation-state wars and armies, from pomp, bigotry,
parochialism, a thousand different brands of untruth, and licentious,
usurious economics." (Soledad Brother: The Prison Letters of George Jackson)

"Black capitalism, black against itself.  The silliest contradiction
in a long train of spineless, mindless contradictions.  Another
painless, ultimate remedy:  be a better fascist than the
fascist.  Bill Cosby, acting out the establishment agent -- what
message was this soul brother conveying to our children?  I Spy [the
sixties tv program where he played a CIA agent's subordinate] was
certainly programmed to a child's mentality.  This running dog in the
company of a fascist with a cause, a flunky's flunky, was
transmitting the credo of the slave to our youth, the mod version of
the old house nigger.  We can never learn to trust as long as we have
them.  They are as much a part of the repression, more even than the
real live rat-informer-pig.  Aren't they telling our kids that it is
romantic to be a running dog?  The kids are so hungry to see the
black male do some shooting and throw some hands that they can't help
themselves from identifying with the quislings.  So first they turn
us against ourselves, precluding all possibility of trust, then
fascism takes any latent divisible forces and develops them into
divisions in fact:  racism, nationalism, religions."

"The blanket indictment of the white race has done nothing but
perplex us, inhibit us.  The theory that all whites are the immediate
enemy and all Blacks our brothers (making them loyal) is silly and
indicative of a lazy mind (to be generous, since it could be a
fascist plot).  It doesn't explain the Black pig; there were six, on
the Hampton-Clark kill.  It doesn't explain the Black paratroopers
(just more pigs) who put down the great Detroit riot, and it doesn't
explain the pseudo-bourgeois who can be found almost everythere in
the halls of government working for white supremacy, fascism, and captialism."

"The Black bourgeoisie (pseudo-bourgeoisie), the right reverends, the
militant opportunists, have left us in a quandary, rendered us
impotent.  How ridiculous we must seem to the rest of the Black world
when we beg the government to investigate their own protective
agencies.  Aren't the wild hip-shooting pigs loose among us to
protect the property rights of the people who formed the government?"

"All political parties, as things stand, will support the power
complex. Any individual elected will either be a supporter of the
established politics -- or an 'individual.' What would help us, in
fact, is to allow as many right-wing elements as possible to assume
'political' power. ...The fascists already have power. The point is
that some way must be found to expose them and combat them. An
electoral choice of ten different fascists is like choosing which way
one wishes to die. The holder of so-called high public office is
always merely an extension of the hated ruling corporate class.  It
is to our benefit that this person be openly hostile, despotic,
unreasoning. We are not living in a nation where left-wing parties
hold eighty out of two hundred seats in a congressional body...This
is a huge nation dominated by the most reactionary and violent ruling
class in the history of the world, where the majority of the people
just simply cannot understand that they are existing on the misery
and discomfort of the world." /(Blood In My Eye p 71-72)/

  "When we participate in this election to win, instead of disrupt,
we're lending to its credibility, and destroying our own. With all
the factors of control over the electoral process in the hands of the
minority ruling class, the people's party can always be made to seem
isolated, unimportant, even extraneous...Participation in electoral
politics organized by the enemy state -- after recognizing that the
whole process must be discredited as a conditional step into
revolution, and particularly participation that tends to authenticate
this process -- is the opposite of revolution. It's a tactic for the
ultra-rightists."

  "A social revolution after the fact of the modern corporate
capitalist state can only mean the breakup of that state and a
completely new form of economics and culture."

  "Freedom means warmth and protection against harsh exposure to the
elements. It means food, not garbage. It means truth, harmony, and
the social relations that spring from these. It means the best
medical attention whenever it's needed. It means employment that is
reasonable, that coincides with the individual necessities and
feelings.  We will have this freedom even at the cost of total war."

[]