[Ppnews] NLG/NYC Spring Fling - you don't have to be a lawyer

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Apr 9 13:23:56 EDT 2010

  Dear Fellow Activists:

        As you know, the National Lawyers Guild and its member
attorneys, legal workers and law students provide critical legal
support for activists and targeted communites in the New York City
area.   This includes pro bono representation in criminal court,
legal observers at demonstrations, and legal advice when the NYPD or
FBI comes knocking.  The Chapter operates on a shoe-string budget.  A
big part of that budget is our annual "Spring Fling" where our
members and supporters gather for good food, dancing and
socializing.  We also use the Spring Fling to honor attorneys and
legal workers whose commitment to justice exemplify the work of the
NLG-NYC.  This year's Spring Fling will take place on Friday April
16, 2010 from 6-10 PM at the historic Angel Orensanz Arts Foundation,
172 Norfolk St. in the Lower East Side.  The event will honor the
work of noted Peoples Lawyers and strugglers for justice Myron
Beldock, James Myerson, Michael Tarif Warren, Evelyn Warren and Lynne Stewart.

      The NLG-NYC needs your support to continue to work
effectively.  We urge you and/or your organization to purchase
tickets and attend this important event.  There are various price
levels at which tickets may be purchased.  Follow the link below for
more information and to buy tickets.  We hope to see you on April
16!  Forward this e-mail far and wide!

Susan Tipograph, President
Mark Taylor, Vice President
Beth Baltimore, Vice President