[Ppnews] Mumia Support Letters to Eric Holder

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Oct 30 10:52:18 EDT 2009

REMINDER

YOU HAVE LESS THAN TWO WEEKS LEFT TO GET  LETTERS SIGNED FOR
MUMIA.  YOU CAN USE THE ATTACHED LETTER AND XEROX IT FOR MORE
COPIES.  PLEASE GET THEM SENT TO ARRIVE AT OUR PO BOX BY TUESDAY, NOV
10, OR DELIVER THEM AT  ST. MARY'S CHURCH (DATES, TIMES, & ADDRESS
LISTED BELOW)

FOR MAILING THEM TO US: FMAJC, PO BOX 16, COLLEGE STATION, NEW YORK, NY 10030

We will be delivering letters to Eric Holder at the Department of
Justice on Thursday, November 12.  In order for us to have them
properly prepared for our early, early morning departure from NYC on
that day, we must have them at our PO box by Tuesday, November the
10th.  You can also deliver them to us either this coming Friday
night, October 30th from 6 PM to 9 PM at St. Mary's Church, 521 West
126th Street between Broadway and Amsterdam Avenue (opposite a police
station), or the following week, Friday night, November 6th, again
from 6PM to 9PM, at St. Mary's.

SAMPLE LETTER

US Department of Justice
Washington, DC
April 2009

To Eric Holder, US Attorney General:

We write to you with a sense of grave concern and outrage about the
US Supreme Court's denial of a hearing to Mumia Abu-Jamal on the
issue of racial bias in jury selection, that is, the "Batson issue".
Inasmuch as there is no other court to which Abu-Jamal can appeal for
justice, we turn to you for remedy of a 27- year history of gross
violations of US constitutional law and international standards of
justice as documented by Amnesty International and many other legal
groups around the world.

We call on you and the Justice Department to immediately commence a
civil rights investigation to examine the many examples of egregious
and racist prosecutorial and judicial misconduct dating back to the
original trial in 1982 and continuing through to the current inaction
of the US Supreme Court. The statute of limitations should not be a
factor in this case as there is very strong evidence of an ongoing
conspiracy to deny Abu-Jamal his constitutional rights.

We are aware of the many differences that exist between the case of
former Senator Ted Stevens and Mumia Abu-Jamal.  Still, we note with
great interest the actions you have taken with regard to Senator
Stevens' conviction to assure that he not be denied his
constitutional rights.  You were specifically outraged by the fact
that the prosecution withheld information critical to the defense's
argument for acquittal, a violation clearly committed by the
prosecution in Abu-Jamal's case.  Mumia Abu-Jamal, though not a US
senator of great wealth and power, is a Black man revered around the
world for his courage, clarity, and commitment and deserves no less
than Senator Stevens.

Cordially,

NAME                                                ADDRESS
                                        E-MAIL

PLEASE RETURN TO:  FREE MUMIA ABU-JAMAL, PO BOX 16, COLLEGE
STATION,  NEW YORK, NY, 10030,  (212)
330-8029     www.freemumia.com