[Ppnews] Support MOVE - Call Parole Board Today

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed May 20 10:31:22 EDT 2009

via: <mailto:icffmaj at aol.com>icffmaj at aol.com

Ona MOVE!
Update: Eddie Africa was denied parole for TWO more years despite
recommendation from his prison!  Former Philly Mayor Wilson Goode who
dropped the bomb on MOVE in 1985 is now a "minister."  Goode called
Eddie's mother to apologize and ask how to make amends for the
bombing.  Eddie told his mother to tell Goode to get the MOVE 9
released.  Goode called the parole board and relayed that the
continuing reason for their denial is because they believe "young
violent militants" will be drawn to MOVE.  Firstly, that's true!  But
they know as well as MOVE does that MOVE isn't violent and would
discourage gang activity.  They also know that MOVE would redirect
that energy towards fighting the system, which exposes their TRUE
fear.  This is ILLEGAL and shows the fear and incompetence of the
parole board.  Use this info as you write letters to the editor and
call20in on radio shows.  We cannot allow these people to use any
excuse they want to incarcerate our freedom fighters.  Their only
authority is what we grant them.  Don't accept NOTHING from them!

Now is the time to pull together and support the MOVE 9 and their
upcoming parole hearings.  We are implementing a weekly call campaign
every Wednesday to the parole board chairman and board members
demanding parole for MOVE political prisoners. A lot of work and
support is needed at this crucial time. We need this info to be put
on: websites, MySpace pages, Facebook pages, and general e-lists to
help spread the word.

The MOVE 9 are members of the MOVE Organization who have been
unjustly imprisoned for the murder of police officer James Ramp
during the 8/8/78 attack on MOVE headquarters. As LinnWashington
stated in20the Cohort Media "MOVE" documentary, there is ample proof
and knowledge that police "friendly fire" killed Ramp and not MOVE as
the system wants people to believe.

There is no reason why MOVE people should not receive parole. They
have excellent prison records, have kept down racial and gang
violence in prison, helped inmates fight drug addiction, helped
mothers and fathers establish relationships with their children on
the outside, and have been an overall positive influence on the
prison population, both staff and inmates. These points can be used
when you speak to Chairwoman McVey. So call this Wednesday and every
Wednesday. Let's tie up the phone lines in support of the MOVE 9!

Since the prison system insists on having DIN numbers, make sure to
have them on hand when you call or write.
Charles Simms Africa #AM4975
SCI Graterford, Box 244, Graterford PA 19426
Debbie Sims Africa #006307
451 Fullerton Ave, Cambridge Springs, PA 16403-1238
Delbert Orr Africa #AM4985
SCI Dallas Drawer K, Dallas, PA 18612
Edward Goodman Africa #AM4974
301 Morea Road, Frackville, PA 17932
Janet Holloway Africa #006308
451 Fullerton Ave, Cambridge Springs, PA 16403-1238
Janine Phillips Africa #006309
451 Fullerton Ave, Cambridge Springs, PA 16403-1238
Michael Davis Africa #AM4973
SCI Graterford, Box 244, Graterford, PA 19426-0244
William Phillips Africa #AM4984
SCI Dallas Drawer K, Dallas, PA 18612

People can call the lists of Parole Board members here at (717)
787-5699, most importantly Chairwoman Katherine McVey.
Chairwoman Katherine McVey
Charles Fox
Michael L. Green
Jeffry R. Imboden
Matthew T. Mangino
Benjamin A. Martinez
Gerald N. Massaro
Judy Viglione
Lloyd A. White

It is best for individuals to personally send a letter to Chairman
McVey, and if folks have the resources, to also send a copy to each
of the other eight board members, at the same address.
[name of Board member]
Board of Probation=2 0and Parole
Attn: Inmate Inquiry
1101 South Front Street, Suite 5300
Harrisburg, PA 17104

(717) 787-5699
Make sure to have a paper and pen handy when you call, so you can
write down who you spoke with and what their response was. This info
can be sent to the MOVE Organization: onamovellja at aol.com. If you
write to the Board, send a copy of your letter to the email above or:
The MOVE Organization
P.O. Box 19709
Philadelphia, PA 19143

If you are a Facebook member blog about who you speak to and the
response on the Cause page for Free the MOVE 9 (and join the
cause!).  This way we can keep track of the lies these people tell
and coordinate our response.  Network on other sites, such as MySpace, as well.

Join the international call for the release of the MOVE 9. Sign the
petition at: www.ipetitions.com/petition/move9parole

Keep yourself informed at
<http://onamove/>http://onamove.com/www.move9parole.blogspot.com or
call 215 387 4107