[Ppnews] a tribute to Alan Berkman

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sat Jun 6 18:10:04 EDT 2009

Dear friends:

My comrade and friend Alan Berkman died yesterday.
Some of you no doubt already know of this sad news.
Alan was a giant person, who changed so many people's lives.
He was many things, a doctor, a father, a humanitarian, a revolutionary,
and an AIDS pioneer.  He was a former political prisoner and a professor at
the Mailman school of public health, he was the founder of Health Gap.
He was one of my deepest friends, a life long mentor, and someone who
dedicated
his life to social change and social justice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJbDtHXSgdQ

in solidarity
susan rosenberg