[Ppnews] Ahmad Sa'adat speaks from isolation in Asqelan

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Jun 2 10:29:28 EDT 2009

http://freeahmadsaadat.org/june109.html

June 1, 2009

Ahmad Sa'adat speaks from isolation in Asqelan: The so-called "Two
state solution" is a threat to the Palestinian people and the right to return

Ahmad Sa'adat, General Secretary of the Popular Front for the
Liberation of Palestine, said in a letter issued from isolation in
Asqelan prison where he is held by the Israeli occupation, that the
so-called "two state solution" is dangerous, threatens the right of
return and the very existence of the Palestinian people in the
occupied lands of Palestine '48.

The letter was sent on May 30, 2009 to the Preparatory Committee for
the Palestinian National Day in Sweden. Sa'adat stated in the letter,
which greeted the Palestinian and Arab communities and their
consistent work to defend our rights, that the only termination of
the historical and substantive conflict with the occupation is the
end of Zionist rule in Palestine, the establishment of democracy and
the achievement of the right of return. He noted that ending the
Zionist project was the only real solution for the Palestinian
people, while the so-called "two state solution" only opens the door
for the acceptance of the "Jewish state," a racist concept based on
the expulsion of our people.

Sa'adat also greeted the people of European countries who stood
beside the Palestinian people in the face of the recent war on Gaza,
and other international solidarity forces, particularly noting the
leadership of Venezuelan Bolivarian president Hugo Chavez.

He stated, "I am honored to participate in these events marking the
61st anniversary of al-Nakba, in defense of our national and
historical rights, particularly the right to return to our homeland.
These are the rights affirmed by our national leaders and martyrs,
including al-Hakim, Dr. George Habash, Abu Ali Mustafa and Sabir
Mohieddin. They are not only the essence of the Palestinian cause but
also the bridge for our nation and the democratization of all of
historic Palestine."

The following is the text of the letter in full:

"I am honored to participate in these events marking the 61st
anniversary of al-Nakba, in defense of our national and historical
rights, particularly the right to return to our homeland. These are
the rights affirmed by our national leaders and martyrs, including
al-Hakim, Dr. George Habash, Abu Ali Mustafa and Sabir Mohieddin.
They are not only the essence of the Palestinian cause but also the
bridge to our nation and the democratization of all of historic Palestine.

I salute you and your valuable efforts, which have filled in the gaps
left in the absence of the PLO and the marginalization of a powerful
leadership for the Palestinian cause.

I also pay tribute to all Arab and Palestinian groups that work
tirelessly to defend our rights and salute all the popular
progressive and democratic international forces who stood by our
people in their just struggle for their right to independence and
return. I would also like to pay tribute to the attitude of some
European countries who have taken an independent position in regard
to our people, and our right to democracy, and stood beside our
people in the face of the recent barbaric war on Gaza, in particular
Sweden and Norway, and the Bolivarian nations of Latin America, led
by Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez.

The right of return has not snd will not be extinguished by
prescription, and we have maintained our presence in the defense of
this right. However, that does not eliminate the risks that beset the
right to return, as since Camp David and the dismantlement of most of
the Arab national project of confrontation of the Zionist enemy, what
has remained is only a "pragmatic" Palestinian policy situated in the
context of a "settlement." This course went through Madrid and Oslo,
detached from our Palestinian national constants dismantling our
project of national liberation.

This caused great damage to our national liberation project, as does
the national and Arab impotence displayed by the Arab initiative,
which weakened the right of return through the use of ambiguous
language that appeared in the text. The stress that is required at
the Palestinian and Arab national level is to end any confusion, and
to distinguish clearly between the end of the occupation and the end
of the conflict.

The end of the historic conflict and the objective can only be an end
to the Zionist entity and the establishment of democracy throughout
all of Palestine, through the implementation of the Palestinian right
of return. The slogan of "two states for two peoples" that are being
voiced only opens the door to the acceptance of Israel as a "Jewish
state," which threatens not only our right to return, but also the
existence of the masses of our people in the occupied part of
Palestine 1948 on the ground where they were born and where they have
remained firmly rooted and strong in the land.

I am aware that the Palestinian reality at this time of the division
of our people does not provide a climate of substantial achievements
in terms of correction of Palestinian politics and tactics for
managing the conflict with the occupation. However, the common
denominators that were agreed upon in Cairo in 2005, and the document
of national reconciliation as the basis for Palestinian unity will
lead to the rebuilding of the institutions of the Palestinian people,
foremost among them the PLO, the political entity of the whole
Palestinian people, and the objectives of the unity our our people
and our national rights, including the right to return. On this
basis, I call on the masses of our people in the diaspora to lift
their voices in order to end the Palestinian division and to rebuild
the Palestine Liberation Organization a democratic way as a national
instrument for the national democratic struggle, qualified to lead
our people in their struggle and to take leadership at the strategic
level to meet the challenges and maintain our national objectives on
the road to their achievement. I have no doubt that those national
objectives will be achieved.

I trust you and your ability and energy and the energies of our
people and the pan-Arab popular forces of various political colors.
They are committed to the project to confront American imperialist
hegemony and control of the region and the world as well as to
support our allies and their people and the popular and progressive
forces on an international level. I am confident that our people and
the rest of the marginalized and oppressed peoples of the world, as
well as the poor and marginalized countries in the world who are
leading the forces of progress today, have their feet firmly placed
on the road to defeat all of the projects and plans of imperialism
and racism, and will establish the new international order based on
justice, equality and brotherhood among peoples, peace and social
progress and will renounce all forms of racial discrimination and
national and class national oppression. Victory is certain!

Ahmad Sa'adat

General Secretary, Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine

 From the isolation cell in Asqelan prison