[Ppnews] Political Prisoner Carlos Alberto Torres delayed parole hearing

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Jan 23 12:17:08 EST 2009

Message from Carlos Alberto Torres/Mensaje de Carlos Alberto Torres

Greetings:

As many of you know, I was supposed to meet with the Parole Board on
Thursday January 22nd, 2009. After evaluating this period of time and
various unexpected things, I have decided to postpone the parole
hearing for a few months.  The Parole Board has agreed to the
postponement and will hear my case in either April or May.  I am fine
and am optimistic that the process is going well.  I am confident
this is the right decision.

Saludos:
Como es de su conocimiento tenia pautado para este jueves 22 de enero
de 2009 la audiencia frente a la Comision de Libertad Bajo Palabra
(Parole Board). Luego de evaluar el momento y varios imprevistos he
determinado aplazar la vista frente al Parole por unos meses. La
comision ya a aceptado posponer la vista y estar viendo mi caso en
audiencia entre abril y mayo de 2009. Me encuentro bien y optimista
ya que el proceso esta fluyendo adecuadamente. Estoy confiado en que
esta desicion es la mas prudente.

Puerto Rican Political Prisoner Carlos Alberto Torres is going before
the Federal Parole Board in April or May!

WE MUST CONTINUE TO SEND LETTERS!

Now more than ever, we need to show the Parole Board that he has
international support. We need to send the Parole board thousands of
these letters! We must flood their mail boxes with our demands for
Carlos Alberto's parole!

WE CAN MAKE FREEDOM HAPPEN!

To download the Petition and letters -
<http://www.boricuahumanrights.org/>www.boricuahumanrights.org

The National Boricua Human Rights Network, El Comite de Derechos
Humanos de Puerto Rico (The Puerto Rican Human Rights Committee), and
The ProLibertad Freedom Campaign, are calling on all supporters of
the Puerto Rican Political Prisoners to sign the letter attached and
mail it to:

Jan Susler (Lawyer)

1180 N. Milwaukee Ave. 3rd Fl.
Chicago, Il 60622