[Ppnews] Write to the Federal Bureau of Prisons on behalf of Leonard Peltier

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Oct 17 10:45:33 EDT 2008

Urgent  Write to the Federal Bureau of Prisons on behalf of Leonard
Peltier regarding his transfer

October 16, 2008

As we reported in a previous email, Leonard is once again being
uprooted and relocated to another prison. Although this seems to be a
strategy by the federal government to disrupt his defense committee,
we can take advantage of the limbo Leonard is in right now by
demanding that the Bureau of Prisons transfer him to a facility
closer to his home reservation. Turtle Mountain is requesting that
Leonard be transferred to the reservation's custody, and in the
meantime there are federal facilities in Sandstone, Minnesota and
Oxford, Wisconsin which could accommodate him.

Please send the following correspondence or similar as soon as possible to:

Federal Bureau of Prisons
Designation and Sentence Computation Center (DSCC)
Grand Prairie Office Complex
U.S. Armed Forces Reserve Complex
346 Marine Forces Drive
Grand Prairie, TX 75051

Re:  Leonard Peltier #89637-132

Dear DSCC:

I am contacting you seeking consideration for Mr. Leonard Peltier who
will be transferred from Lewisburg, Pennsylvania in the near
future.  Mr. Peltier has been a model prisoner and deserves to be
transferred to a lower security prison.  Also, Mr. Peltier should be
transferred to a facility close to his home based on the hardship
policy of the Bureau of Prisons, because his family has grown older,
is on a fixed income which limits the time they can visit him.  Mr.
Peltier has served over 32 years in prison and deserves to be close
to his family during this crucial time in their lives.  For these
reasons I ask that you transfer Mr. Peltier to the Turtle Mountain
Reservation's custody as soon as possible.  The alternatives that
would help satisfy this request are either the federal facility in
Sandstone Minnesota or Oxford Wisconsin as both are near in proximity to his
family.

In the name of all things good and humane, I ask you to do the right
thing for compassion's sake in the transfer of Leonard Peltier today.
Thank you and may the Creator bless you.

Sincerely,
<Your Name>
<Your Address>
<Your City, Your State, Your Zip Code>

Mail UPS or E-mail to:  GRA-DSC/PolicyCorrespondence&AdminRemedies at bop.gov
Or Fax to: 972-352-4395

Please  help us get my brother home,
Thank you
Betty Ann Peltier-Solano
Executive Coordinator
Leonard Peltier Defense Offense Committee