[Ppnews] Another independentista subpoenaed to NY grand jury

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue May 13 19:28:45 EDT 2008

May 13, 2008, from Michael Gonzalez, de la Mesa de Solidaridad,
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico:
During the day, today, the FBI seached and served a Grand Jury
subpoena on the companero attorney and educator Elliot Monteverde
Torres. The subpoena orders the activist to appear in the federal
court of New York on May 23, 2008. Elliot lives with his wife and
daughter in Texas. He was a student leader in the U.S. and a
distinguished leader of the movement in solidarity with Vieques in New York.

It's important to support all the companeros harassed by the FBI in
Puerto Rico and the U.S. We hope to see you at the next meeting of
the Solidarity Table, to coordinate our support for the companeros.
We'll see you on Thursday May 15, 2008 at 7:00 p.m. at the Forum on
the Grand Jury, convened by the Solidarity Table at the UTIER Local
(Pda 15 in Santurce). At this event we will offer legal and political
orientation and joining in solidarity with Tania Frontera and
Christopher Torres of New York, who will be present, and who have
been subpoenaed to the New York Grand Jury.

In the face of repression, Unity and Struggle!