[Ppnews] SF Mumia Support Event - Sunday 5/18

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon May 12 10:16:16 EDT 2008

Sunday, May 18, 2008, 2:00 pm
ILWU Local 6, 255 Ninth Street, near Howard, San Francisco
Admission $10 sliding scale
Apologies: Bathrooms not wheelchair accessible

Mumia Abu-Jamal -- Innocent Man on Death Row!

We Accept Nothing Less Than His Freedom!

Hear:

* Cynthia McKinney, former Congresswoman from Georgia

* Soffiyah Elijah, Deputy Director, Criminal Justice Institute,
Harvard Law School. Legal counsel for Sundiata Acoli, Marilyn Buck,
Kwame Ture', Nuh Washington and Jihad Abdul-Mumit

* Cindy Sheehan, founding member, Gold Star Families for Peace, an
organization founded in January 2005 by individuals who lost family
members in the U.S. war on Iraq

* Walter Turner, Host, Africa Today, Pacifica Radio/KPFA

* Jeff Mackler, Director, Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal

* Alan Benjamin, Exec. Bd., San Francisco Labor Council

* Kali Akuno, Director, Malcolm X Grassroots Movement

* devorah major & Jack Hirschman, Former Poets Laureate of San Francisco

* Mesha Monge Irizarry, Founder, Idriss Stelley Foundation,

Sunday, May 18, 2008, 2:00 pm
ILWU Local 6, 255 Ninth Street, near Howard, San Francisco
Admission $10 sliding scale
Apologies: Bathrooms not wheelchair accessible

Sponsor: Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal,
<mailto:jmackler at lmi.net>jmackler [at] lmi.net 510-268-9429 Send
contributions to:
Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal
P.O. Box 10328, Oakland, CA 94610
freemumia.org - Tables: $25 - Labor donated 5/7/08

On March 27, the U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, ignoring its
own rulings and precedents as well as those of the U.S. Supreme
Court, denied the appeal of innocent death row inmate, frame-up
victim, award-winning journalist and leading fighter for human and
democratic rights, Mumia Abu-Jamal. The State of Pennsylvania now
seeks Mumia's execution. We seek a new trial and his freedom. After
twenty-six years on death row resulting from a racist trial and
Amnesty International-repudiated conviction presided over by Judge
"Yeah, I'm going to help 'em fry the ni - - er," Albert Sabo, a
worldwide effort to win Mumia's freedom is underway. As Mumia's legal
struggle enters its final stages we must rededicate ourselves to a
fight that makes the political price of his continued incarceration
impossible and his freedom inevitable.
The broken criminal "justice" system has excluded a mountain of
evidence proving Mumia's innocence. The truth will be heard! Mumia's
freedom is in our hands! Join us!

[Note: "help'em fry the ni - - er" is misspelled only to avoid email
profanity filters that would prevent this message from reaching some
recipients if it were to be distributed via email]
<http://FreeMumia.org>http://FreeMumia.org