[Ppnews] Christmas for the Cuban 5: December 1st-31st, 2008

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Dec 1 13:00:31 EST 2008

Join the Popular Education Project to Free the Cuban 5 in our
Christmas for the Cuban 5 Campaign!

Due to the U.S. government's denial to approve visas,  Gerardo
Hernandez Nordelo and Rene Gonzalez Sehwerert have not seen their
wives, Adriana Perez and Olga Salanueva, since their incarceration!!
Others in the Cuban 5 have not seen their parents, wives and children
with regularity. The U.S. government has taken prolonged periods of
time to issue them visas. The U.S. government's denial of visitation
rights is a cruel and horrible form of psychological torture.  Their
rationale for denial is ridiculous and baseless; none of these family
members are a threat to national security.

We are asking people to fax or mail out this letter to Ms. Navanetham
Pillay, The NEW High Commissioner of Human Rights of the Office for
Human Rights-United Nations Office at Geneva.  We are asking her to
intercede on behalf of the Cuban 5's mothers/wives to pressure the
U.S. government to grant them VISAs to visit their husbands/sons!!

During this holiday season, December 1st-31st, give the Cuban 5 the
gift of action!  Fax or mail out this letter! Forward this email to
all of your friends and ask them to do the same.  Our mass letter
writing campaigns work! Together our voices have power! Make freedom Happen!

FREE THE CUBAN 5!

VISAS NOW!

The Popular Education Project to Free the Cuban 5

<http://www.freethecuban5.com/>www.freethecuban5.com