[Ppnews] MOVE 9 Parole Update

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sat Apr 12 18:47:56 EDT 2008

ONA MOVE, Everybody!  This is an update on the MOVE 9 parole
situation.  Janine, Janet and Debbie were interviewed by Matthew
Mangino in person and Judy Viglione watched on closed circuit
TV.  Janine told us that Mangino questioned her about the issue of
innocence and then he didn't want to hear any information about
MOVE's innocence. Janet and Debbie got to put out a lot of
information about how many people sit in prison for 20, 30 years and
have to be released because their innocence is proven so a conviction
does not make a person guilty.  Viglione asked Janet and Debbie a few
questions about what they would be doing if they were released.  The
decision could take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months.  Our
brothers see the parole board sometime this month but they don't have
a specific date yet.  My brother, Michael, was in the U.S. Marines
before joining MOVE (he was around 17 years old) and after being
around MOVE he decided not to go back to the Marines.  He was AWOL
(away without official leave).  The Military Police came to MOVE Hq.
and JOHN AFRICA gave them some serious information-they never came
back. Now over 35 years later, when prison officials interviewed
Michael to decide if they would recommend him for parole or not, they
bring up this issue of Michael going AWOL from the military when he
was 17.  It's obvious that this government does not want MOVE people
on the street again so we have to keep the pressure on them so they
have no choice but to release innocent MOVE people.  Stay strong and
keep sending letters to the parole board, keep the pressure on.  Ona
Move----Ramona

ONAMOVELLJA at aol.com