[Ppnews] Day of the Dead in SF: remember those who died at Guantanamo

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Fri Oct 26 20:27:21 EDT 2007

Friends & fellow-activists,

Please join Act Against Torture on Friday 11/2, when we'll participate in
San Francisco's annual Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) community
event.

In orange jumpsuits, with faces painted as skeletons, we'll join the
winding procession from 24th and Bryant to the Festival of Alters in
Garfield Park (26th and Mission). Our cage will be set among the alters,
transformed into a commemoration of the detainees who died at Guantanamo
prison.

Meeting Time:  6:30 pm, Friday Nov 2nd
Meeting Place: 24th and York, San Francisco
Map:  http://tinyurl.com/2tts89

Join us at 6:30 pm at 24th and York, in San Francisco's Mission District
(outside St. Francis Candy and Fountain, a block from the procession's
starting point), where we'll assemble and get into costume.

The procession itself begins at 7pm ... more info about this year's Dia di
los Muertos event at http://www.dayofthedeadsf.org .

See you there...

Act Against Torture
http://www.ActAgainstTorture.org