[Ppnews] Resisting Criminalization- NY student organizing conference (4/13 -4/15)

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Mar 7 08:47:03 EST 2007

--Please forward to students and community organizers and activists--

The Prison Activist Coalition at Bard College and Cornell University Present:

Resisting Criminalization- a state-wide conference taking place April
13 - 15th at Bard College, Annadale-on-Hudson, NY

Resisting Criminalization is a student initiated working conference
to build a statewide student network addressing the prison industrial
complex. We wish to develop concrete goals and a strategy to resist
the increasing criminalization and incarceration of marginalized and
oppressed communities in New York. As students, we feel we must
support the ongoing struggle against the prison industrial complex
and develop coalitions to exert organized power.

We invite prison activists, ex-prisoners, community organizers and
all those working to defend our communities from unjust incarceration
to develop goals and strategies to challenge the following
institutional problems:

-Education in prison
-Juvenile incarceration
-Parole and Re-entry
-Rockefeller drug laws
-Political prisoners
-Jail/prison expansion

COST: FREE ROOM AND BOARD
DONATIONS GLADLY ACCEPTED!
REGISTER BY MARCH 20TH

FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO RSVP CONTACT:

JENNIFER QUICK- JLQ4 at CORNELL.EDU
OR
MAX FORMAN-MULLIN- MM863 at BARD.EDU