[Ppnews] I Scream (Ice Cream) Against Prison Expansion - Oakland - Mosswood Park, Sunday 7/29 2-4pm

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Jul 25 15:12:34 EDT 2007

I Scream (Ice Cream) Against Prison Expansion.
Sunday, July 29 :: 2-4pm
@ Mosswood Park
( in the ampitheatre, on Broadway in the corner of the park)
Broadway @ 40th, near Mac Arthur BART
Oakland

(click 4 flyer:
<http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z97/serena_huang/i-scream-front-1.jpg>front
::
<http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z97/serena_huang/i-scream-back-1.jpg>back )

hosted by Micia Mosely
performances by:
Ise Lyfe
CovRecords Artists:
Trinidad
Queen Deelah
Tha Faculty
and more!

with FREE ice cream in the park, petition-signing, and the making of
53,000 large paper-dolls to represent the 53,000 slated prison beds.

**WE HAVE TO STOP THE LARGEST PRISON EXPANSION PLAN IN HISTORY OF THA WORLD!**
After building 23 new prisons in 20 years, 2006 marked the first year
in two decades in which no new prisons were constructed because of
growing resistance and grassroots organizing in tha bay and throughout Cali.

Now we need to STOP the BIGGEST PRISON EXPANSION PLAN IN THE HISTORY
OF THE WORLD.  Schwarzenegger has cut a closed door deal to build
53,000 new prison beds in California.  At a moment when California's
prison budget will soon surpass our higher education budget,
Schwarzenegger and our representatives have undemocratically slated
$15 billion more to be spent on locking us up.

We are organizing an event on Sunday, July 29 in place of the
hearings that never happened and to bring folx together, eat free ice
cream, speak out to media, learn about AB 900 and the largest prison
construction deal in history, and figure out what we can do to
organize to stop this.  Come out n bring yourself, yo mama n yo cousins too.

This event is sponsored by CURB (Californians United for a
Responsible Budget).  CURB  is a grassroots coalition of
organizations from the bay and throughout California working to stop
prison expansion.  Members include All of Us or None, Critical
Resistance & Youth Against Youth Incarceration (YAYI), Prison
Activist Resource Center (PARC), Justice Now,  and more.