[Ppnews] Support Autumn Ashante

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Jan 22 08:44:54 EST 2007

From: Malaika Kambon <kambonrb at pacbell.net>

AUTUM ASHANTE'S BLOG

<http://www.urbanchopshop.blogspot.com>http://www.urbanchopshop.blogspot.com

ALL OUT!!!
To the

'Family' Court
Tuesday, Jan. 30th   9:15 Am
420 North Ave. @ Lincoln Av.
New Rochelle, NY

(Metro North Commuter Train  [about $18 RT]  @ Grand Cen.   OR 125th
St-Harlem [@ Park Av.] Sta.s -- to New Rochelle Sta.;  Walk to 'North
Ave.' end of Train Sta., Turn left, Walk about 5 traffic lights/blocks to
Lincoln Ave. -- OR -- Get Taxi from Station (are waiting @ both Inbound
& Outbound Sides of the Station)   (Ph. # @ Family Court:  (914) 813-5650)

Contributions are needed for BATIN ASHANTE'S LEGAL FEES!!!
Interim Contact (646 334-9136)

On Tuesday January 30, 2007 at 9:15 AM in New Rochelle, NY, a judge,
Nilda M. Horowitz, will be presiding over a hearing to decide whether
to take young prodigy poet Autum Ashante from her Dad in a custody case.

The media has accused of him teaching his daughter "hate."  Her poems
reveal she has actually been taught to recognize and resist hate
(white supremacy).

Download/Also Open the attached/following word file (below/above) to
see why you must come to the Family Court in New Rochelle, NY, to
support this African family.

The (attached/follow-up) file is a 2 page word file with incredible
(literally unbelievable) photos with captions from the next CEMOTAP
(Committee .... Offensive To African People) DRUM Newspaper. The
photos provide a context for understanding the January 30th legal proceeding.

If you don't know Autum, she is the 8 year-old Africanamerican
intellectual-cultural prodigy who is evoking high praises and LOVE
for her perceptive and precision analytical and intuitive appraisal
of  the u.s and the world.

AUTUM is home-schooled . She speaks several languages; has appeared
on several television programs, at the Apollo Theater, the African
Burial Ground in Manhattan and at the African Street Festival;
Caroline's on Broadway, the Russell Simmons PHAT Farm Fashion Show,
Steve Harvey's "Big Time," a  Grammy Foundation event, and numerous
other schools and places across the country.

New York City councilwoman Yvette Clark has called her one of the
most precious young talents that this world has ever known.

Now, AUTUM faces being wrested from her father because he has had the
'temerity' nurtured her natural genius on behalf of African People's
self determination!!

A poem she read in 2006 correctly profiles (the overwhelming majority
of) europeans as "pirates" and "vampires" who robbed blacks of their
identities and human rights. The poem references the mythologized,
notoriously barbaric Christopher Columbus and Charles Darwin metaforically.

At the African History Month reading of the poem, at a Peekskill  NY
high school, AUTUM prefaced her Reading with the BLACK PANTHER'S
PLEDGE directing black youngsters to not harm one another.

She led black students in a recitation of the 'BLACK CHILD'S PLEDGE,'
by Black Panther Shirley Williams, which reads in part:

'I pledge allegiance to my Black People.
I pledge to develop my mind and body to the greatest extent possible.

I will learn all that I can in order to give my best to my People in
their struggle for liberation.
. . . I will discipline myself to direct my energies thoughtfully and
constructively rather than wasting them in idle hatred.

I will train myself never to hurt or allow others to harm my Black
brothers and sisters . . .
These principles I pledge to practice daily and to teach them to
others in order to unite my People.'

AUTUM'S poem, intended to instill pride in black students and
encourage them to steer clear of violence - is entitled "White
Nationalism Put U in Bondage," reads as follows:

"Black lands taken from your hands, by vampires with no remorse,"
"They took the gold, the wisdom and all the storytellers. They took the
black women, with the black man weak. Made to watch as they changed the
paradigm of our village.

"Yes white nationalism is what put you in bondage. Pirates and vampires
like Columbus, Morgan, and Darwin."

They killed the blind, they killed the lazy, they went
so far as to kill the unborn baby

They drank the blood of the sheep, trampled all over them with Steel
laden feet, throw in the tricks alcohol and deceit.

Nothing has changed take a look at our streets."

The school district subsequently "banned"  AUTUM and sent a message
to the homes of practically the entire student body that she was "offensive,"!!

AUTUM'S father:  "She's a little girl who does poetry about real
things. She doesn't do poetry about cotton candy," Ashante said.
"She's a serious little person."

AUTUM'S positive, constructive impact and promise are highlighted by
the cacophony of attacks from the usual suspects of racist white
supremacists and  white supremacy--embracing,
'forgive-us-massa-for-thinking'  knee grows.

Disparaging, insulting diatribes have emitted from the likes of the
roy innis family, michelle malkin, the non-paper, NY Post, etc.

Many suspect that a far lesser-involved mother is suddenly interested
in order to reap the benefits and do the bidding of white
supremacists to kill AUTUM'S little spirit.

THIS CANNOT BE ALLOWED!!!