[Ppnews] Video of Jalil Muntaqim DNA Test Harassment

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Wed Jan 3 13:59:41 EST 2007

Video is at:

http://www.jerichony.org/jalil.html

TO: Friends and Supporters
FR: Jalil A. Muntaqim
RE: Snatched from Auburn on June 27, 2006
Dear Friends and Supporters:

You are about to witness what happened to me on June 27, 2006, when I
was snatched from Auburn at 6:00AM and brought to Downstate
Correctional Facility. On this date I was awakened by an Auburn
sergeant who told me to get dressed and that I was being taken to
Downstate Correctional Facility. I thought I was being transferred to
another prison, as is often the case, I do not receive any notice
before being transferred, and usually moved in the middle of the
morning. After getting washing and getting dressed, I was escorted to
the arrival/departure area of the prison, where I was stripped
searched by three correctional officers. Once I redressed, shackles
were placed on my legs, a waist-chain wrapped around my waist, and I
was handcuffed to the waist chain with a block box over the handcuffs
to further limit movement of the hands in the cuffs. I was then
placed in a van with armed correctional's in the front seat with the
driver and other in the back seat behind me. They had other armed
officers in two chase cars that would escort the van I was in to the
designated prison.

After a 4 hour ride I arrived at Downstate Correctional Facility and
the van parked in the parking lot. There I stayed in the van shackled
and cuffed for another 2 hours waiting to learn why I was brought to
the prison. I was told that I would not be permitted to enter the
prison, they didn't want me inside the prison, and would have to wait
in the parking lot until I was to be seen. After a 2 hour wait, I was
taken to the arrival/departure driveway of the prison hospital, where
I was met by the prison "GOON SQUAD" or Ninja Turtles as they are
often referred by prisoners when brutally assaulted by these guards.

I was forcible removed from the van, while complaining that they
should take it easy, that I was getting out of the van. The guard on
the left immediately seized my thumb and started twisting it in an
effort to intimidate me and take control of the situation. As is
seen, I was taken into the hospital and there informed I was brought
to the facility in order for police officials to extract DNA from me.
The court order stated they would use whatever force necessary to
extract the DNA, either by swabbing my mouth or from taking blood
through a hypodermic needle. Of course, I demanded my lawyer to be
present for the entire proceedings and refused to give my name and
number to identify myself for the proceedings.

Knowing New York State already has my DNA on record, it didn't seem
prudent to resist, however, it was important to learn who were the
major players in the proceeding. At that point I began to ask
specific people questions to learn more about this unusual
proceeding. You will learn exactly why I was snatched from Auburn and
brought to Downstate Correctional Facility.

As many of you know, Homeland Security has provided various local
police departments exorbitant amounts of money to open and attempt to
solve cold cases. As you will leam, I was brought to the prison
subject to such an investigation of a 35 year old case. But what is
significant about the specific case is that I was already in jail
when the incident happened. So, if I was already in jail, there is no
way possible for me to have been a part of the incident being
investigated or have DNA at the scene of the incident. Nonetheless,
after the swab was taken, I was place back into the van and brought
back to Aubum and allowed to retum to the cell, as if was a normal
day doing time in the Big House!

It is obvious that Homeland Security and police departments are
wasting millions of tax payer dollars, especially in efforts to
intimidate and harass political prisoners. In over 35 years of
imprisonment, I have leamed the state will conjure, manufacture,
intimidate and torture innocent political prisoners and deny any
semblance of human rights in order to establish their authority. In
situations like this, activists should always demand to see, speak
to, or have their attorney available. They should attempt to leam the
names and official rank/position of all the players involved, and
should never enter into dialogue or conversation about whatever is
being investigated without the advise of your attomey. Remember - We
Are Our Own Liberators!