[Ppnews] Munia & Pam Africa Update, Dec.6 (NYC) & Dec.8 (Phila) Protests

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Dec 4 16:23:02 EST 2007

Pam Africa Update, New Petition & Flyer, Press Conference, and Dec.6
(NYC) & Dec.8 (Phila) Protests for Mumia By Journalists For Mumia

(Abu-Jamal-News.com)
MEDIA-ACTIVIST CAMPAIGN: Two weeks ago, Journalists for Mumia (in
conjunction with The International Concerned Family and Friends of
Mumia and Educators for Mumia) initiated a
<http://www.freemumia.com/todayshow.html>media-activist campaign to
ensure fairness for Mumia on the Dec. 6 NBC Today Show, which is
scheduled to feature Michael Smerconish and Maureen Faulkner as they
release their new book titled
<http://globepequot.com/special/murderedbymumia/>"Murdered By Mumia."

UPDATE FROM PAM AFRICA: As a result of our campaign, The Today Show
scheduled a telephone conference with Pam Africa (of the ICFFMAJ) for
this past Friday. Following this conference, Pam Africa reported that
she spoke with the show and provided them with our Press Pack of
background information on Mumia's case. The Today Show did not make
an official decision regarding our request, but said they would look
at the information and contact Pam Africa this week with their
official response to our desire to have equal representation on The Today Show.

PROTEST AT THE TODAY SHOW: As reported at FreeMumia.com, "The Free
Mumia Abu-Jamal Coalition (NYC) calls on everyone who can join us on
Thursday December 6th at 7:15 AM to please come to 48th Street and
Rockefeller Plaza....We have demanded "equal time" but as yet have
gotten no agreement to that by the TODAY SHOW. Stand there with us in
solidarity with Mumia!"
NEW PETITION: As this campaign heats up, sending emails to The Today
Show (<mailto:today at msnbc.com>today at msnbc.com) is more important than
ever, so NBC knows that people around the word are demanding
fairness, and paying close attention to the upcoming Dec. 6 show.
Fortunately, a new petition assisting these efforts has just been
created. Please sign onto it and share with others
<http://www.iacenter.org/mumiatodaycampaign.shtml>(CLICK HERE).
NEW FLYER: Journalists for Mumia has just completed
<http://www.abu-jamal-news.com/flyerMBM.pdf>a new flyer responding to
Smerconish and Faulkner's new book (PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!),
accessible at this link:

<http://www.abu-jamal-news.com/flyerMBM.pdf>http://www.abu-jamal-news.com/flyerMBM.pdf

PRESS CONFERENCE: The formal press-release announcement of
Journalists for Mumia's press conference on Tuesday, November 4, in
Philadelphia, at NOON, at The A-Space, 4722 Baltimore Avenue
(featuring a slide show presentation of the newly discovered crime
scene photos, and journalists David Lindorff & David A. Love) will be
released on Sunday.

MASS DEMONSTRATION IN PHILADELPHIA DEC. 8:
<http://freemumia.com/dec82007.html>Download the flyer here:
<http://freemumia.com/dec82007.html>http://freemumia.com/dec82007.html

In Solidarity,
Hans Bennett, Journalists for Mumia