[Ppnews] Special Message from Leonard Peltier, September 12, 2006

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Tue Sep 12 08:53:08 EDT 2006

A Special Message from Leonard Peltier,September 12, 2006

Dear Supporters,

We have a Special Surprise for you! A Special Message from Leonard Peltier!
Please click on the following to hear Leonard speak to you on his birthday,
September 12, 2006. Leonard is 62 years old today!

Thank you for your support!

Leonard Peltier Defense Committee

We ask that you Save Audio File to your computer before listening to Leonard
and his message: Please click here to hear Leonard Peltier:

  <http://www.leonardpeltier.net/media/leonard9112006a.wav>
http://www.leonardpeltier.net/media/leonard9112006a.wav

A Special Message from Leonard Peltier:

Greetings Sisters, Brothers, Friends and Supporters!

Well here it is another year. Another birthday. This one makes me 62 years
old. Also this makes it my thirty plus years in prison. I believe it was
right after I was illegally convicted in Fargo, North Dokota when I wrote a
statement telling everyone that my freedom would only come after the masses
had demanded it. But first we would have to unite and organize, to reach
them.
So far we have been unable to do so. Yes we have reached millions who have
signed my petitions we have circulated throughout the world asking for my
release. True most of those good peoples are from Europe, but we have also
made a lot of gains here in the United States. At one time we had fifty five
(55) members of Congress sign a letter for a new trial or my release.
Fifty-five members is historical. No other prisoner in history has ever been
able to accomplish this, nor has anyone else, individually I mean, and there
are other accomplishments we have made and won here in the United States.
Still I sit in prison not because I am guilty of the alleged crime I was
illegally convicted of but because we still are unable to reach the masses
here in America. The reason for this is not because the American people do
not care or want to help, but because we have been unable to reach them.
Personally I believe the majority of them do care and want to help. We sense
this from the ones we are able to reach. We are moving forward very slowly
in this freedom campaign of mine. The reason is we just do not have the
financial resources to move forward at the pace we would like to be. This is
the real and only reason that we have not been able to reach the people in
the United States. Nothing is free here in America, not justice or the
media. So although there is still no light at the end of the tunnel for me
or my freedom, we continue struggling forward. I continue to search for the
hope and strength I need to survive. I continue to pray and hope that one
day I will get the support I need from the American people and one day I
will still be able to walk out of prison. So my hopes and spirits are still
high at my 62 years of age. I continue on this continued struggle. We are
still finding bits and pieces of new evidence to file new appeals on. Those
of you who have followed my case closely I can imagine are thinking How can
this be, as there has been so many constitutional violations already. But
the same old problem exists. The courts continue to cover up the continued
criminal acts of my conviction committed by my prosecutors.

Your help is needed, Give what you can.

In the Spirit of Crazy Horse,

Leonard Peltier

NOTE:

We, at the Leonard Peltier Defense Committee, Bob Robideau, and Toni Zeidan
and the Legal Team, Barry Bachrach, and Mike Kuzma thank you for your
ongoing support. Lets Bring Leonard Home!
Donations can be sent for our ongoing Freedom campaign to the LPDC or
Freedomwalk!
LPDC Address:
LPDC
2626 N. Mesa # 132