[Ppnews] Wild Bouquet Benefit reminder - Friday 11/17 SF

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Nov 13 16:50:36 EST 2006

The Galeria de La Raza - 2857 - 24th St. (at Bryant)
Friday, November 17 at 7 pm

Dear Friends & Supporters:

Just a reminder...

Please join former Looters frontman Mat Callahan & Swiss songtress Yvonne
Moore, performance artist Guillermó Gomez-Pena and writer, poet,
storyteller Nina Serrano in a wonderful evening of music, performance art
and spoken word at The Galeria de La Raza this Friday, November 17th. This
event is a benefit for the Freedom Archives and The Galeria de La Raza.

Also, running continous in the small gallery, will be the West Coast
premier of "The Looters in Nicaragua" a video music documentry of
world-beat rockers The Looters 2nd tour of Nicaragua (their first time down
there was the year before to play the victory celebration at the personal
invitation of the Sandinista's after the triumphant election of 1979 - the
first American  rock band ever to play Nicaragua!)

Featured gallery exhibits are the vibrant contemporary works of artists
Jesus Barraza and Juan Fuentes.

Mat will be signing copies of his new book "The Trouble With Music" and new
CD "A Wild Bouquet", and there will be tabling and exhibits by AK Press,
The Freedom Archives, and Broken Arrow Records (producers of the acclaimed
comiplation recording "Not In Our Name").

We're having a meet and greet the artists reception at 7pm and performances
start at 8pm.
Beer, wine, refreshments and light snacks will be available.
Donation/admission is $8 - but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.

The Galeria de La Raza is located at 2857 - 24th St. (at Bryant), San Francisco

Please forward this e-mail and attached flyer & press release to everyone
you think may be interested in joining us Friday evening. We appreciate
it...

See you there!

http://www.freedomarchives.org/
http://www.galeriadelaraza.org/
http://www.brokenarrowrecords.com/
http://www.pochanostra.com/
http://www.matcallahan.com/

Produced by James McCaffry and Thad Wharton