[Ppnews] Seth Hayes - parole appeal & harassment from guards

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Mon Nov 13 08:38:10 EST 2006

From:    "Tom Keefer" <tom at tao.ca>
Date:    Sat, November 11, 2006 1:15 pm
To:      seth_hayes_updates at masses.tao.ca

hey folks,

Seth called me this morning and wanted to pass on some important
information about his parole appeal and some harassment that he has been
facing lately. I have uploaded the interview that I did with Seth on
these issues to the Internet, and you can listen to what he has to say
at http://www.radio4all.net/proginfo.php?id=20492

please feel free to forward this information or to play parts of it on
the radio if you have your own radio show. Seth is fine with this and he
wants to get the word out.

If you're not able to listen to it over the Internet, the very short
update is that Susan and Seth have prepared a parole appeal which will
be submitted in the next few days. It will be important to gather
letters in support of Seth for this appeal to let the authorities know
that people have here support him and are aware of what is going on.

The issue around the harassment by the prison guards has to do with the
fact that Seth while walking through the prison was stopped and harassed
for having printed material taken off of the Internet. Later that same
day he came back to his cell to find that it had been ransacked by
prison authorities and that important personal information including
contact lists and private mail had been removed. Also taken were this
year's political prisoner calendar and last years. Seth refered to the
fact that former Black Panther party member and political prisoner
Russell Maroon Shoats, has been recently targeted as a "terrorist" by
prison authorities and that they removed all of his personal effects
from his cell, claiming that they were related to "terrorist activities".

Seth is concerned that something similar might be going on in his case,
although it is also possible that it is just certain individuals going
on a power trip within the prison.

It would be good if the folks in Buffalo could manage to go for a visit
sometime soon so that the authorities know that we are in touch with
Seth and just make sure that things are going all right for him.

If anybody has any more questions, please feel free to contact me. I
will put out another update when I figure more details out about what is
going on...

Tom.