[Ppnews] Update from Political Prisoner Yu Kikumura

Political Prisoner News PPnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Mar 30 08:31:40 EST 2006

 From Political Prisoner Yu Kikumura, #09008-050, P.O. Box 8500-ADX,
Florence, CO 81226

Conditions here at ADX Florence have gotten worse.  Washington cut
the budget for ADX severely.  The first week of February we only had
six days of recreation, the second week only five days of recreation,
third week only three days, fourth week only two days of rec., first
week of March only one day of rec., and the second week four days of
recreation.  So I have been contained in the cell almost 24 hours a day.

The Bureau of Prisons even cut the number of phone call days so that
only one day a week is a phone call day (used to be 3 days a week);
for more than six months we have not had access to the dentist; they
shackle our legs when we are escorted to the visiting room and cuff
and chain both hands to the waist in the legal visiting booth.  So
all units in ADX, except possibly the step down unit, are now worse
than the control unit.

In this one year, ADX has changed to a total lockdown, whole control
unit  prison.  Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo are now on U.S. soil.