[Ppnews] Prison Dispatch from Jeff "Free" Luers - June 16, 2006

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Sat Jun 24 20:45:57 EDT 2006

Prison Dispatch from Jeff "Free" Luers - June 16, 2006

Today is my six year anniversary. I almost didn’t
notice to tell you the truth. It isn’t just
because one day blends into another in here.
Right now I just don’t really care that much that
I’m in prison. I know how that sounds but that’s
brutally honest. I got careless, I got sloppy. I slipped up. I got caught.

But, over the years something happened. I got
stronger. I got louder. I became more powerful
than the state ever wanted me to be.

You see, I was supposed to be a message to you
all out there that would dare resist. But not
enough people listened. Some kept fighting back.
They kept liberating animals. They kept burning things down.

Now the state wants to send a more powerful
message. They sent in agents and infiltrators.
They bought off activists and turned others into
traitors with threats. The message is simple: the
government sees this movement as a threat. And
they are telling you that if you challenge them
they will try and lock you away for life.

It’s a powerful message. It’s down right
intimidating, to be honest. But, this last
weekend (June 9-11) another message was sent by
43 cities around the world. That message was very clear: we will not disappear.

Yea, some of us are going to end up in prison.
That’s a fact. Some of the weaker individuals
might break under that threat. That’s a fact,
too. And that is intimidating. Why sugarcoat it?

However, when an international solidarity event,
in which 43 cities participate, can be organized
from a maximum security prison
.That’s not just intimidating. That’s a threat.

There’s no denying the authorities have a lot of
power. But so do we and we have to recognize
that. We have to harness that energy. Every time
we are pushed we must push back twice as hard.

Thank you for not being silent. Thank you for
standing up for the “green scare” victims, the
earth liberation prisoners and for me. I am so
grateful, so very grateful I can’t wait to read and hear about all the events.

We have shown that we are united, that we can and
will support our prisoners. Now let us show our
might. They have heard your words. Make them feel
your actions. The earth, the animals, the future,
our children, your freedom, the people of Iraq,
your very own community needs you to fight back.
You are all we have. Your resistance is our only
weapon, our only defense. You are the only
protection we have left. PLEASE do EVERYTHING you can to help.

Jeffrey Luers
#13797671
Oregon State Prison
2605 State Street