[Ppnews] Bashir Hameed; Jalil Muntaquin; Dhoruba Bin Wahad "Needs & Updates"

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Jun 8 20:16:57 EDT 2006

From: Panthershepcat at aol.com

To:     All
From: Bro. Sadiki "Shep" Ojore Olugbala
Date: Thursday, June 8, 2006

Please be advised that Comrades Bashir Hameed, Jalil Muntaquin, and
Dhoruba Bin Wahad all presently serve as Interim Advisory Board
members for the Safiya Bukhari-Albert Nuh Washington Foundation: "To
Support The Health, Legal Campaigns & Families Of U.S. Held Domestic
Political Prisoners/POWs, Exiles And Fallen Comrades"

Please read, respond and then pass on the following information and
requests for these three loyal Freedom Fighters.

BASHIR HAMEED :  Has now been unjustly held captive as a Political
Prisoner for over 26 years

This past Saturday, June 3, 2006, Comrade Smitty and I had a (6) hour
visit at Comstock Prison with Bro. Bashir.

On the positive side Bashir looked very well after his recent release
from an unjust solitary confinement in "the hole."  He was in
particularly good spirits to be able, after nearly 30 years, to "kick
it" with Bro. Smitty about the good old days of Jazz Clubs and
Panther comrades in New Jersey.  Bashir also asked that we convey his
appreciation to those friends, supporters and comrades whose letters,
faxes and phone calls were beneficial in getting him out of punitive
isolation last week.

On the negative side Bashir reported that while he was in isolation
his cell was totally trashed "like never before" and that some of his
personal property is now missing as well.
His major concern however, is the need to be moved into a cell that
is away from his current "Times Square like" location in the
prison.  The constant traffic, noise, chaos and 24hr stress of his
present general population/orientation cell is a serious health
threat to his currently poor heart condition.

Bashir is respectfully requesting that folks resume their
"communications" with prison officials and demand that he be moved to
a quieter and less life threatening prison cell
environment.  Additionally, Bashir is requesting that designated
individuals respond to his personal requests given to me and Smitty
for delivery that pertain to internal legal prison matters.

DHORUBA BIN WAHAD:  Was  released after being unjustly held captive
as a Political Prisoner for over 19 years

Priority financial assistance is urgently needed to help fly Bro.
Dhoruba this coming weekend from Ghana to the United States.
Dhoruba is currently working to put the issue of U.S. Political
Prisoners on the Pan-Afrikan Agenda at July's historic
Reparations/Repatriation Conference to be held in Ghana, West Afrika.
It is imperative that he meet this month with folks on this side of
the Atlantic in order to both raise funds and put together a PP/POW
delegation to join him next month.

Additionally, there are two major Political Prisoner
Conferences/Programs taking place in New York City (6/12 & 6/17) in
which Dhoruba needs to be a participant and finally; we need him
physically present to legally challenge and overturn the continuing
"vindictive" ban on his visiting New York State Political Prisoners.

This effort has so far raised about a third of the $1,400.00 airfare
needed to get him here and we need additional funds ASAP. Your tax
deductible donation is still needed even after this weekend in order
to reimburse any loans that we might have to secure in order to get
him here on time.

Please make your checks payable to Dhoruba's attorney: Robert Boyle, Esq.

Checks should then be mailed to:  The Safiya-Nuh Foundation
                                                    P.O. Box# 690458
                                                    Hillside Station
                                                    Bronx, New York 10469

JALIL MUNTAQUIN:   Has now been unjustly held captive as a Political
Prisoner for over 36 years

Bro. Jalil contacted The Jericho Movement this week to request that
we all send letters to the parole board regarding both his character
and the need for his return to the community. His attorney only has a
short amount of time remaining to put together the complete package
for the parole board so "please write and send your letter of support
as soon as possible"

For mailing information and/or sample letters go to Jalil's web
site:  <http://www.freejalil.com>www.freejalil.com

Free All Political Prisoners & POW's!

                                                                    Hands
Off Assata & All Political Exiles!