[Ppnews] Ashanti Alston at PP Rally in Mexico

Political Prisoner News ppnews at freedomarchives.org
Thu Jul 27 08:46:48 EDT 2006

THE JERICHO MOVEMENT IN THE UNITED “SNAKES” OF AMERICA SUPPORTS THE
STRUGGLE TO FREE THE ATENCO POLITICAL PRISONERS AND ALL POLITICAL
PRISONERS IN MEXICO

July 25, 2006

To you who are the dreamers and keepers of the dreams, the people's dreams.

To you who picked up arms, pens and the volume of freedom cries.

To you who the hands of the dream-killers have imprisoned from 1994 to
Atenco because you dared to follow the leadership of your hearts along
with many other hearts that now sing with freedom songs. We sing in the
African community churches of the United States: A CHANGE IS GOING TO COME
because GOD DIDN'T BRING YOU THIS FAR TO LEAVE YOU HERE. And we understand
that in all faiths and most (ha! ha!) ideologies.

To you who are POLITICAL PRISONERS, like our own in the USA, we honor you.
We hold you dear in our hearts, the place where your dreams (which are our
dreams) find nurturing embrace with people in resistance. Dreams that also
grow wings in the course of adversity and fly through the cracks of the
walls and bars of your and our confinements.

It is even under these extraordinary and horrible conditions that we find
each other and inspire each other. What was our isolation is destroyed
that easily, because we know that prison can have no real victory of us.
Our spirit is greater than arrogant political, military and corporate
power-holders who, even behind all of their wealth and weaponry, fear the
wonderful life-affirming power of the people.

To you new human being imprisoned for resistance, I send you the salute of
all the POLITICAL PRISONERS in the United SNAKES of America, political
prisoners who are African, Asian, Latino European, working folks, gays ­
ALL DREAMERS ­ they would want me to say to you:

THE SPIRIT OF THE PEOPLE IS GREATER THAN MAN'S TECHNOLOGY. IT IS GREATER
THAN ALL THE POLICE AND MILITARY IN THE WORLD. IN FACT, THE MERE SMILE OF
A CHILD AND RAISED FIST OF A SINGLE POLITICAL PRISONER CAN HALT ENTIRE
ARMIES OF MACHINE-LIKE NEO-LIBERAL DREAM-KILLERS.

We met your compañeros in San Cristóbal yesterday and saw their wings.
They are fighting for your “return flight”. Isn't that wonderful? What a
glorious revolution of winged hearts. Hold fast ­ VICTORY IS OURS.

“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die, Life is a broken-winged bird that
cannot fly, Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams go, Life is a barren field,
Frozen with snow.” —Langston Hughes, black revolutionary poet

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

FREE ALL THE POLITICAL PRISONERS!

THERE ARE WORLDS THAT COLLIDE, AND THERE ARE WORLDS THAT COMMUNE AND
DANCE. WE ARE
. DANCING and DREAMING TO VICTORIES and IT IS REAL.

Ashanti Alston

Former member of the Black Panther Party/Black Liberation Army,
imprisoned 14 years ­ USA

Co-chair of the National Jericho Movement (for the freedom of all
Political Prisoners in the USA and its colonies)

--
FREE ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS!
national_jericho at riseup.net
www.thejerichomovement.com